Osram Lightify Device Firmware Updates?

In that case - it’s the same firmware from when I last checked it directly via the osram hub.

It’s the date that proves it hasn’t been updated recently.

So, are you all doing something to get your bulbs to update? Mine still show the earlier firmware. Sorry, I’m a noob.

This has only been released to a small number of beta testers. I believe the firmware updates for OSRAM/Sylvania bulbs should be released shortly if no issues are found.

Thanks for the quick response!

Would updating via the firmware via the OSRAM hub take care of the issue or is it a combination of firmware on the lights and the SmartThings?

Updating the firmware on the OSRAM hub would be the same as waiting for SmartThings, as both update to the same firmware version.

Updating the firmware using the OSRAM hub is a little time consuming (as you need to reset the bulbs, pair them to the OSRAM hub, update the firmware, reset the bulbs to rejoin with SmartThings) and you need to purchase the hub if you don’t already own it. Many users have not gone through that process. Others who have had issues, resolved them by using that process and the OSRAM hub. Hopefully after the next SmartThings firmware update, that process would no longer be needed.

I have the WeMo hub so I wonder if the WeMo hub and Osram hubs handle updates differently.
Check out my post about 8 posts up from this one.

It is possible that the latest firmware that the WeMo supports with OSRAM bulbs is a version behind. Each vendor would have their own repository of firmware for release. Unfortunately, I don’t own a WeMo hub so I’m not sure.

I picked up a starter kit since I have a lamp I’d like to control and a smart plug is about the price of the kit.

I’ve updated my flex but the gardenspot doesn’t show up under System Update.
It is correctly connected to the app. I reset it and the app is able to turn it on/off… control colors, etc. It just doesn’t show up under the System Update.

I tried to delete and re-pair the app but it still doesn’t show up.

Any ideas?

That there are no updates for it.

The new firmware adds fade on/off
When I select the gardenspot, it tells me to update the firmware first.

It also doesn’t show the current version on the System Update page.

I also noticed that via the gateway and app, you can set fade on/off as well as a default setting… ie: flex strip can be defaulted to any color instead of white when it’s power is restored.

Will the above options be available via SmartThings or will we need to gateway and app to set these?

From past experience, these settings are reset when attached to ST. From looking at the device with the updated firmware, no option for setting default color.

Any chance you have a gardenspot and if so, does it also get the updated firmware?
It doesn’t show up for me using the Osram gateway.

No, I do not.

My Gardenspot mini updated with ST Beta program without the Osram bridge.

1 Like

All flour if my garden spots updated with the gateway. If it is not telling you maybe you are already on the latest version.

Not really sure I follow but I have 5 Garden mini and 4 of them updated because they are close to the ST hub. One did not cause I am too lazy to bring it in. Maybe after winter. Here is the one that did not get the update.

@Aaron I just received this email and have had no issues since the firmware updates. In the email, feedback is requested. However the link to the Google form survey is restricted to members of the organization.

Thank you for participating in the 
SmartThings Hub firmware beta! 

Your feedback is an essential part of
our beta testing.
Please complete this survey to help us
improve our product.

EDIT: The form is now functional. Thanks.

I’ve re-paired to the WeMo hub… to the Osram Hub… back to SmartThings.
None of them show an update available and as you can see from my screenshot, SmartThings doesn’t even pick up the firmware version.

Ideas?