Osram Lightify Device Firmware Updates?

Unfortunately yes. I had like 5 rouge one updated and now mainly one but a second does it here and there.

Ive noticed that it also tends to lock up when it stops repeating. No idea if this is the symptom or the cause.
Maybe when it gets overloaded as a repeater it freezes?

Could be funny thing is the ones that are 200 feet or so from the hub work great it’s the two not 10 feet!!

The closer it is from the hub the more likely it’ll be used as a repeater btw.

Did not know that. Thanks! Makes sense now.

I found this article most enlightening:

I mapped out the mesh and saw many devices using the bulbs as a parent. Some devices are quite belligerent and refuse to change away for some reason.

@PailOckenden thanks for the loan of the xstick I’ll try and pop back over next weekend!

I take it you weren’t brave enough to run this a second time?

Actually I did run a few more times but not left it running hours like before. Great little tool.

1 Like

my 2 Osram bulbs is not acting like them should.
They often dont change to correct colour, sometimes they turn ON at night, and sometimes they will not turn OFF.

Try to update them from IDE, but nothing happen.
my HUE lamps works flawless.

So saving a tiny bit of $$ was not worth it. buy HUE and have something that works all the time!

I added my Osram bulbs to smartthings about 12 hours ago and changed all the settings required for firmware updates. It still hasn’t upgraded the firmware. Below is what I see in the ide.
Current Version: 0x01020413
Target Version: 0x01020492

Is there any way to force a firmware upgrade?

You can go into IDE and press check version for each OSRAM device or power cycle the bulbs. I believe there is a max of 5 at a time.

Great. Just did this and was able to update my bulbs :slight_smile:

So what did you do to finally get yours to update? I’ve tried the items you guys stated above and none of my 3 garden spots haven’t updated. Any ideas?

I had to click on check version for each device in the idea.

So, here’s what I found. I had to turn OFF the lights before telling it to check for updates. Then they updated.

I see. I happened to update them when they were off :slight_smile:. They automatically turned on after the update.

Got the update recently.
It seem to smoothly go to the designated brightness when turn on/off, very nice.
Still be happier if the color temp/brightness can be remembered after power outage.

I have had some issues with my bulbs coming on randomly. In investigating this I realized it happens when ST does a firmware update check for the bulb. The problem is it seems to happen in the middle of the night.

How can I turn off this automatic update?

Edit: I just found where to turn this off/on. It said it was disabled, but looking at the device log it did an update last night. So does disable not mean anything?

OSRAM bulbs with older firmware will often turn on all by themselves and when they turn on they report their current firmware to the hub. I suggest you update the firmware on the OSRAM bulbs and the problems should go away. See this support page for more information about how to update the firmware:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/215394303-ZigBee-OTA-firmware-updates

Ok, I see where there is an update available. Is there a way to force the update to go ahead and install? Or will I have to wait until the system does it automatically?