OSRAM E27 Edison Screw A60 ES 10W LED Lightify RGB Light Bulb

Hi

Your changes worked perfectly - sorry for not responding at the time.

I’ve just picked up a hue starter pack of light strips (the old versions) as a lightning deal on Amazon. I’m considering adding the Osram bulbs to the hue bridge, rather than having the bulbs connected direct to ST. Then I can use some of the hue and third party app features, such as the party mode. I wonder if you knew if I could still control them direct as a ST device using your device type if they were paired with the hue hub (which was connected to the ST hub). I’m looking for the direct control of white temperature, etc which I get from your device type, but coupled with being able to make use of the hue ecosystem.

I’m just asking in advance as you seem to be the local Osram expert, and trying to repair those bulbs if I don’t need to is a pain! :smile:

Many thanks.

If you pair them with the Hue hub, you’ll be using the stock ST Hue Bulb devicetype for them and controlling them through the Hue integration. ST will interact with the Hue API to send commands, but the Hue hub will be sending all of the actual zigbee messages to the bulbs. There isn’t much flexibility in the device type for the Hue integration because they’re actually Child Devices created by the Hue Connect SmartApp with almost all of their functions residing in the SmartApp itself and called via parent.setColor() format commands. You would have to modify the actual Hue Connect SmartApp to add the white temperature functionality, which should be possible; but is not something I’d feel comfortable messing with.

@juano2310, I think you’ve worked on the Hue Connect. Any chance we could add Color Temperature capability to the Hue Bulb via Hue Connect? I believe you could use a similar logic as the setColor() command, but instead of hue and sat keys, you’d send ct as the key and the value in Mired = (1000000/tempInKelvin). Both old and new A19 bulbs definitely would be compatible. I think it would be a big hit.

Hi Scott, I can add that as part of setColor since at this moment you can pass other parameters like alert and transition. Not sure when this will be deployed since it has to go to Quality Assurance first.

Thanks Juan! Be aware that if you pass ct and hue/sat values, the ct value will take priority; so I think ct will need to be optional. You’ll also want to add it to the parse section, and maybe bring in colormode to know whether the bulb is currently color or white temp. I did something similar in my devicetype for directly connected bulbs. The colored states of the main tile are probably overkill for a stock type (at least until we get dynamic tile states to pull the hex color directly); but the color/color temp/color mode implementation should make sense.

Let me know if I can help. The parent/child construct is a bit daunting to me; otherwise I’d take a stab and do a pull.

Well…what a disappointment! My gateway has arrived but I’ll be damned if I can get any of my 4 bulbs to be found via the app. Grr!

I’ve got 4 of the Osrams and they are all working well. Much better with Scott’s code so thank you!

I have also just purchased a philips hue starter kit (2 white bulbs and a v2 hub) for £50 so looking to do a similar thing with the Hue App controlling the devices and seeing how they play.

What is interesting is that the Wemo bridge can update the osram bulbs so there appears to be other ways to update the firmware other than the Osram app. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Jamie

So just for someone that doesn’t appear to know what he’s doing - I got my bulb delivered today.

How do I go about connecting it to ST?

Do I just scan for a device > Let it use the generic device type, then once installed change the device type code over in the API?

If possible get close to your hub. I used a desk lamp.

Put the bulb in the lamp and turn it on - it’ll flash slowly repeatedly.

Get to the app -> Connect New Device

It should pick up the bulb and store it as a Zigbee Hue Bulb.

Then go to the IDE, add a new device type with the code above, still in the IDE go to the device and edit it and in the drop down for Type scroll to the bottom and find the new device type.

That should do it :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Just what I thought.

Hi @Simon_Goldberger did you pick up a hub for £20 new or used?

Picked it up from Amazon uk for about £19… Notice that this last week all the Lightify stuff on amazon has gone up by about ten pounds so night be worth keeping a watch eye for it to drop again

OK - quick sanity check here :smile:
Latest device code for the Lightly is Improved Zignee Hue MA.groovy of 11/1/2015, yes? i.e. https://github.com/sticks18/SmartThings---Devices/blob/master/Improved%20Zigbee%20Hue%20MA.groovy

That’s it! I’ll keep that Master branch updated as people report oddities.

1 Like

Just spotted amazon have it back down to £22

But their bulbs are as expensive as I’ve seen them in amazon

Thanks for the heads up @Simon_Goldberger… It turns out I ordered one of these last night (perhaps after several beers)! Gotta love one click checkout 24hrs a day!!

1 Like

Is there any way of checking what caused a device to turn on?

Son complains his room light (a Lightify RBGW) came on at 1:20 am, and I have am IDE log entry to prove it.

2015-12-03 1:20:18.487 AM GMT  8 hours ago	DEVICE		switch	on

Sounds like the problem I was having…

I’d recommend updating the firmware on your bulbs - unfortunately the only way to do that currently is to buy the gateway.

I’ve updated my firmware and I’m yet to have any bulbs switching themselves on / off yet (touch wood!).

FX: resigned sigh; orders Osram gateway

:smiley:

By the way, a good smartapp to have (if you dont have it already) is RuleBuilder.

I have a rule which alerts me (soon to be turn off) when a light is switched on when nobody in the house is present. Just as a backup!

I’ve just installed Rules Engine for a similar reason :smiley:

1 Like