Hey guys! So I’m pretty brand new ST and I think I have looked through every topic and can’t find what I’m looking for. I wish I was good enough with code to develop my own SmartApp for this, but I need some help!
What I would like to do is use my Manything cameras as motion sensors while they are recording. Using virtual switches & door sensor and IFTTT, I programmed the camera to start and stop recording when I come home and leave. My problem is that there is no way (as far I know) to trigger my alarm when motion is detected via motion on my camera. IFTTT doesn’t have a “that” statement that allows a virtual door to open.
The scenario I would like for to occur is the following: (if there is a better way of doing this, please let me know!)
- I leave > “Goodbye!” routine activated & within “Goodbye!” my virtual switch called Camera_1 is turned ON. | completed
- Through IFTTT, “If Camera_1 is switched ON, then start recording on (ManythingCamera)” | completed
- Through IFTTT, “If motion detected by (ManythingCamera), then Switch on VirtualSwitch_1” | completed
- Through a SmartApp, when VirtualSwitch_1 (simulated switch) is switched on, open VirtualDoor_1 (simulated contact sensor) | HELP!
- When VirtualDoor_1 is opened, the alarm triggers | completed
If that makes sense, what I obviously need help with is #4 in that scenario. I think there could be a number of uses for a SmartApp like this where you could use anything through IFTTT to trigger your alarm.