Old Minimote, new app (June 2021)

I know there are many topics discussing minimote, but little regarding the latest app changes (June 2021). With the iOS app, I can see that the buttons are pressed correctly, but the associated child automations don’t execute (or don’t execute correctly). Is there any viable pathway to get this working, or should I cut my loses and give up on this old (but useful) device?

I use my Minimotes with Smart Lighting Routines and a little tweak of the child button device handler in the IDE to make the button presses run ‘local’. But, using Smart Lighting Routines instead of Automations only ‘toggles’ the devices configured. So, when I press the button the first time, nothing might happen, but a second press of the button activates the Smart Lighting Routine.

For ‘local’ execution of button presses in Smart Lighting, this is what I did back in February. The strange thing is, if I setup an Automation to do the exact same Smart Lighting actions, it doesn’t run ‘local’.

Mine still works when using the new app. The thing that’s screwed up is that I can no longer modify the automations that were created with the quick controls on the device page. I would exclude it and re-add it. Then create the automations on the device page using the quick controls.

1 Like

Will minimizes still work when groovy goes away?

They should work with the new Edge drivers just fine.

Reviving this old thread. I still use aeotec z wave minimotes.

Are there any edge drivers available for these that anybody knows of? I hate to see these go away when Groovy dies.

It’s included in the zwave-button driver in the ST beta channel. I had some trouble initially getting it to work though since that driver doesn’t give a way to change the minimote’s settings. Mine was stuck in Group mode instead of Scene Mode, which caused the button events to be all messed up. My fix was a bit brutish since I was only trying to get my one device working.

Give the ST driver a try. If you have the same trouble that I did then I can clean up my hack job into something I’m comfortable sharing.

1 Like