[OBSOLETE] Zipato RGBW Bulb & Zipato RGBW Bulb 2

2018-05-03 Update: I created a new handler for the Zipato Bulb 2. It will be at the bottom of the post.

While the default Z-Wave RGBW device handler works with this bulb, the interface on it is outdated and all of the bulb’s features and settings are not supported. Here is a handler that fixes that.

• Z-Wave config options
  • Random color option
  • Strobe light options
  • Can create custom strobe light pattern

Overall this is a great bulb if you are looking for a Z-Wave option. It is a lot smaller than the Aeon Bulb, but is more expensive. It also doesn’t have as many program options, but I feel like the colors are more bright and accurate. At least on the bulbs I have. If you are in the market for one, you can grab one from my favorite Z-wave store. thesmartesthouse.com

Zipato Bulb v1

Zipato Bulb v2

1 Like

Does not work with Zipato v2 bulbs at all. Won’t turn them on or off and none of the features work either. :frowning:

Bummer, if nothing works (even on/off) then they probably implemented security or crc16 encapsulation. If that is the case, the handler just needs a few slight adjustments.

The first post now has a handler for Zipato Bulb 2.

Awesome, thanks!

Hello, Using your program I can only turn on and off… is I change the controller to something like Z-Wave Dimmer Generic
It looks like it does not understand what the controller does. I can see the device but I cannot click on it to do anything… any ideas???

Thanks

Sorry, I’m confused. Is it the Zipato bulb 1 or 2? What do you mean by “your program”? Are you talking about the device in the SmartThings app?

If you are trying to use the new SmartThings app, try switching to SmartThings classic.

That worked. Im using a device handler that states you programmed it, im not sure, but switching to the classic app resolved the issue. Thanks for the reply.

Now, the bulb works fine, but it wont do the strobes or slow / fast fading.

The only thing I can think of that would make the special programs not work would be if you were using the v1 handler with the v2 bulb or the v2 handler with the v1 bulb.