[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Zigbee Outlet (Steps to Pair any Xiaomi Zigbee device!)

Thanks so much. Finally got it working. First time adding a device manually this way so wasn’t sure where to look for the catchall logs.

could not work out how to do it. At the end I managed to create a virtual switch and it worked

Something weird just happened:
I have a test plug in my office. It has been sitting there for a while (turned off). Just now I unplugged it and 2 sensors stopped working (Xiaomi door sensors). These sensors have been working perfectly for quite some time and where using this plug as repeater.
This means the plug has been repeating in the “off” mode for quite some time.

I think…

I removed the plug now as I don’t want it to repeat there. It’s just a test plug.

I’ve seen it work in off mode. It’s just that every time i’ve seen it not work it’s always gone from on to off. Switching back on also seemed to fix it. Therefore needing to create the piston.

It’s weird. I left it turned off overnight and tried the sensor, without turning on the plug, and it worked fine.
Have to say the sensor is also a Xiaomi. The Orvibo’s don’t work well with the Xiaomi Plugs.

Hi @Rave, corrected the temperature reading. Tested it against a calibrated temp probe and now looks correct. Submitted the change in github for you to merge.

1 Like

So am I correct to assume for now, without some kind of piston, the temp will eventually cause the plugs to show a blank screen in ST?
I’ve commented out the temp code for now as it’s not important for me. I’ve other temp probe around the house.

It did it to me! How can I have my Tile working back ok?

Edit: use updated code as mention in next post.

No need, I’ve already fixed the temperature piece, just waiting on @rave to merge the code. If he’s no longer interested in maintaining the handler I can host the fixed version that I use.

1 Like

Sorry. I remember looking at that the other day and wanted to test it but didn’t got the chance to do so. It is merged now, great job!

Testing out the new code now. Will provide feedback in a few days. Thanks!

Same here. Thanks for looking.

Hi, I’m new here. Just bought the Smartthings and Xiaomi Gateway and some sensors. I was trying to add the motion sensor the the Smartthings, and I followed the instruction mentioned above: add a thing in the ST App, then press and hold the reset button then press several times. But nothing extra shows in my IDE log. So I can’t get the network ID. Can anybody help me?

Try go to the hub and check the hub events log

1 Like

You mean here? I still don’t see any catchall. Neither the motion sensor nor the temp sensor.

Thats the right place to look at.Try pressing the button on the sensor a few more times after the initial hold. Try refreshing the page in ide after that. It should appear

I just did it again for another 30 min pressing the button every 5 sec. after the initial hold and refreshing the page every time. But still nothing.

You might want to try this, albeit it’s instructions for the door/window sensors: Xiaomi Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type [beta]

I did it!!! Only thing I did different is to press the reset botton a lot faster. And the motion sensor was shown in the ST App automatically. Thanks again for all the support from the great people here!

PS. Is that normal that wenn I try to add a Xiaomi Sensor, the Hue lamps lost the connection?

1 Like