[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

@a4refillpad

Is the ‘Button’ in the title and OP of this thread the same as “Original Xiaomi Smart Wireless Switch”?

Those that have the contact sensors… what is the battery life like on these? I noticed they only use CR1625-ish button batteries instead of larger lithium cells.

Yes, they are the same thing.

3 Likes

Does anyone have long term use battery stats for the motion sensor? They claim up to 2 years, that is hard to believe.
Thanks

We’ve only managed to get these devices working since the end of last year, so no. Smartthings sensors also claim “up to” 2 years too. So I don’t see how it’s any different other than I doubt either reaching it in typical use.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply Wayne, and the great work !

Hi Wayne, I got my first xiaomi motion sensor delivered today. I was able to pair it with no issues and it is still connected after about 3 hours.

I see the following issues. Can you please help me fix them?

1. The battery indicator just shows " - - ".
  2. The configure button does nothing.

I had 3 turn up yesterday.
Paired them all ok.
2 took about 3 hours to show a battery level, the other one took overmight.
Wait it out.
Should show up eventually.

Thanks bobbles, what about the configure button? Is it supposed to do something?

It usually takes awhile before the battery indicator works.

I have about 12 of these a few months now and they have stayed connected since i paired them.
Their range is exceptional. I have a newly built house (2015) with reenforced concrete floors with floor heating etc. The xiaomi’s don’t seem to care.

The battery life is hard to tell. I have modded a few of them for the garage, because it can be cold in there. So if you have the option (space) to do this, it can extend the battery life quite well.

3 Likes

Thanks very much for the info. I don’t think I am too worried about the battery life at the moment… unless I have the change batteries every month :slight_smile:

Battery life also greatly depends on their use.
I have one on my front door, and one on my office door in my livingroom. Those are the two mostly used doors in my house (which i have sensored). Since the install, somehere in jan/feb they’re now down to 90%.
So i don’t think they’ll last a year on the standard battery.
I have now built the sensor inside the door with a bigger 3v battery. (different one then posted above)

Sorry to deviated from the topic, but a quick question regarding automating lights based on motion. I have created a lighting automation based on motion as below.

Turn on if motion detected and turn off if no motion detected for 5 mins.

In this case, if I manually turn on the light and not triggered by motion, would it still turn off after 5 mins?

If it is as basic as you suggest I would say no.
You would need another statement that says if light is on and there is no motion, wait 5 minutes and turn off.
Not sure if you have heard of CoRE but you can do it with this app.

Thanks bobbles, yes I use core. For the current automation I used the standard smartthings automation available. I will try to configure it in CoRE.

doh!..posted in wrong thread lol

Hi Bobbles, I see the setup using smartthings automation is working as I intended it to work, without using CoRE.

Also my battery level showed up overnight :slight_smile:.

All my contact sensors fell off my network last night. Just wondering did anyone else experience a similar issue?

Yes, but only when I use the Xiaomi outlets or osrams on my network. But the same occurs occur any other zigbee device.

I have 3 Osram bulbs, and have never lost a zigbee device (all ST devices, no Xiaomi…yet…they’re in the post…). So perhaps it’s dependent on the size of the network/number of devices (I have less than 10 zigbee in total)