This is a beta release smart app and device handler for the Tesla Powerwall II home battery.
For documentation and more information on this smart app and device handler, see: Tesla Powerwall Manager app for SmartThings (and Hubitat) Hubs - DarwinsDen.com
The Smart app currently must interface directly with the Tesla Servers, and so unfortunately requires your Tesla credentials.
This software was developed for my personal use and is provided here in the hopes that it will be useful to others, however, it is beta software and use of this software may result in unforeseen side effects to your equipment and related accounts. Use at your own risk!
Monitor and View Status:
- Battery % level & Reserve % Level, Power status of Solar, Grid, Home, & Powerwall
- Operational Mode Status (Backup-Only/Self Powered/Advanced Time Controls)
- Optimization Strategy (Cost-Saving/Balanced)
- Stormwatch Enabled Status
- Grid/Power Outage Status (added 13-Aug-2019)
- Set Reserve % Level
- Set Operational Mode Status (Backup-Only/Self Powered/Advanced Time Controls)
- Set Optimization Strategy (Cost-Saving/Balanced)
Define Schedules & Automations:
- Schedule Operational Mode and/or reserve percentage changes to occur at specified times and days of the week
- Select smart devices to automatically turn off in the event of a grid outage (added 13-Aug-2019)
Customize built in notification options to receive push and/or text notifications when:
- Powerwall battery level approaches the reserve level
- Powerwall battery level reaches a user-defined notification % value
- Modes change
- Firmware version changes
- Grid/Power outage status changes (added 13-Aug-2019)
Monitored values and mode and level controls are exposed to SmartThings allowing integration with other smart apps such as WebCoRE.
[Edit 4-Feb-2022: Updated Github repository location]