[OBSOLETE]: Tasmota Device Handler for Plugs with Power Monitoring

HI Deano, I see the error which is a null pointer exception which is almost certainly the cause. Note: You cannot consider the logging output to be in sequential order, just a Smartthings quirk.

I was gone for a few months and reading up on the new Smartthings app and found out that when they switch to the new app (and shutdown classic) the only supported communications will Zigbee and Zwave. That means any and all HTTP connected devices will no longer be supported. So there will be no integration

Because of this discouraging situation I donā€™t see any future in finishing this device handler for Smartthings (it was only a Beta), only for it to become redundant later this year.

So Iā€™m going to put my energy into finding a different platform that supports MQTT.

Good luck.

Gary,

Appreciate your reply. Thank you.

@GaryMilne, maybe I havenā€™t been following the forums closely enough, but where did you read that the Classic app will be shut down?

They donā€™t have a specific date yet but there is a lot of messaging regarding the migration in this thread. Get ready to make the switch!
Even if it is a year out it still means developing for Classic is a dead end.

I bought a Hubitat Elevation because of its similarity to the SmartThings hub and local execution. I havenā€™t yet switched over to it because it doesnā€™t yet have Github integration for DTH & SmartApp updates. Maybe check it out.

Thanks for the tip. I also use Sharptools.io and I like their integration to Smartthings which I believe also extends to Hubitat so itā€™s definitely on my list to look at.

1 Like

It is possible to update the DTH to include ocfDeviceType and vid to work in the New App, however it will lose the custom tiles that you have from the classic.

My reading indicates that the new platform supports only Zigbee and Z-Wave devices. HTTP is not supported which would rule out all Tasmota devicesā€¦

Is my information bad?

Hub-connected (HTTP) devices are not supported in the new IDE/workspace platform yet; I have no idea whether/when it would get supported.

For now, custom DTH has to use the Groovy IDE and update capabilities to work in new App. More information can be found here.

1 Like

Without HTTP I cannot do anything. The fact that they are going to orphan 50% of my devices when Classic goes away and canā€™t even tell me if it will ever be supported has caused me to abandon SmartThings.

Their communication has been terrible on this and almost everything else.

1 Like

Itā€™s our loss that this DTH wonā€™t/canā€™t be updated to work in the new app. The visual and functional features make it one of the best DTHs in SmartThings.

1 Like

It is a shame really. All you can do now is the functionality that they allow which takes away all of the creativity that developers bring to the table. That is why Iā€™m on Hubitat now.

Ah, so you did move to Hubitat. Did they ever integrate github repositories for easy installations and updates?

You can just paste the GitHub url to pull in driver and app code.

@GaryMilne, on my github integration question, I discovered Hubitat Package Manager, that is similar to the SmartThings Community Installer. Pretty nice.

Did you ever recreate the Operating State functionality with this DH in Hubitat?

No, I did not. Mainly because it does not support the UI mechanism on the same way as SmartThings. However, if you look on the Hubitat community website you will find a great Tasmota solution that works with a broad range of Tasmota devices and been very solid.

I use Sharptools.IO for my UI now.

1 Like