Get ready to make the switch!

… and today my motion sensor status disappeared from my automation. I can’t add them as it thinks there’s a conflict when there’s not.

Love this new app- said noone ever.

Since the latest update my phone is persistently sending app crashing notifications (S8+ running latest Android os) attempts to close and put the new app to sleep. The new and Classic apps are out of sync, devices showing correct in IDE but not between the apps and my voice assistants will not sync. The new app displays inconsistent device states and shows some battery operated devices as offline even after waking. Multiple reboots(from hub and IDE), Force Stop Clear Data and Cache and FDR of the hub did not fix the sync issue. The Classic appears much more stable and is displaying correct information with IDE.

1 Like

I’m so confused by all this. For the “New” app custom/self-published DTHs and SmartApps , are we suppose to be using this https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/ or the smartthings.developer.samsung.com login or one for DTHs and one for SmartApps or both or vise-versa?

I ask because when I visit the developer site I get this when trying to use a private workspace and click SmartThings Hub when creating a new project.

For a private person, you still use the old Groovy IDE.

1 Like

Even if you do enroll with an organisation (and you can create your own organisation if you want), you will find that hub connected devices are still developed using the Groovy IDE. All the Developer Workspace adds to the mix is the tools for organisations to publish the device handlers for their products.

2 Likes

has anyone heard more on this? last i heard back was at end of jan … trying to figure out if i missed anything since then and should be refactoring my code for custom capabilities?

You haven’t missed anything.

4 Likes

If I previously used the new app does that mean I will not be able to use the migration tool?

1 Like

You will still be able to use the migration tool.

I’ve haven’t been following along closely, has any of this changed past few months…
-can Automations do everything Routines do?
-can webCoRE execute Automations and change STHM? I know there is a new Rule system coming but webCoRE is so powerful
-same for ActionTiles
-if not, can Scenes trigger Automations? I don’t really want to create bunch of temporary simulated switches

Thanks!

1 Like

yes - for the most part

no

no

no but automations can run scenes

You can setup a virtual switch that Webcore can turn on/off which can then be used in an Automation to change STHM.

A lot of people use a virtual switch in webCoRE to control STHM and scenes with a new app automation.

When am I going to see my banner ! !

Will the changes to scene base triggers add native support for switch as with scene control?

Do you mean using a switch as an IF that is also used in a scene on the THEN?

I have an issue with the new app making unremovable phantom devices that don’t show in the IDE

I haven’t even logged into the new app yet as I’m scared that it would interfere and conflict with the years of investment I have put into the Classic app, can anyone put my mind at rest on some of the questions below?

1. Does having both apps running cause any location/geofencing issues?
  2. Has anyone noticed any increased battery drain on android phones running both apps after what I would assume would be a doubling of GPS access requests?
  3. Will using the new app create a second home location in the IDE that I would need to delete (I have migrated to a Samsung account)?
  4. Will my current SHM states continue to run as normal?
  5. Anything else I should consider before logging into the new app? I consider myself a ST ‘power user’ if you will, using custom DTH/Smartapps, Webcore, GitHub integration etc. Any risks I should be aware of?

Many thanks for your help!

Yes, but you won’t be able to dismiss its alerts from the new V3 app. See the FAQ:

1 Like

Some community members have reported this problem if you are using the phone as a presence sensor for both apps, it’s not clear exactly who gets caught by this, though. Also there have been multiple reports of issues with presence even for those using only the new V3 app. So it’s been hard to diagnose precisely. But it’s definitely something to keep an eye on. 🕵🏼‍♂️

2 Likes