[OBSOLETE] Tado (Connect)

No problem at all. Always willing to help test or debug.

Iā€™ve been exploring the code for this a bit further and trying to get all the modes working correctly for me.

Fan and Dry mode were not working correctly (parseCapabilityData always fails in the current code), Iā€™ve now got those working but there are also errors created because the code is setting the thermostatSetPoint to ā€œā€“ā€ which is invalid (its a NUMBER field in the ST definition). Iā€™ll look at correcting that to allow setting the fan speed correctly during FAN or DRY modes.

Fan and dry modes do not have temp setpoints in my setup which is why the setpoint is set to --.

If yours is different the really I would need a copy of the output of the capabilities json data from tado

AND then we need to change parsing the capabilities and then those functions so it works with both types of ac yours and mine. But I am curious why your fan and dry modes would have temp set points as isnā€™t that the point of those modes that they only fan air and dehimidify without changing temperature?

They donā€™t have set points, however set it to a non number as you are with ā€œā€“ā€ is throwing errors in the logs (I think when Google Home is trying to sync the values).

I was trying to work out a way to use a separate ā€œdisplaySetPointā€ which can be set to ā€œā€“ā€ while leaving the underlying setpoints as numbers (and just ignoring them for those modes that donā€™t use a set point).

Iā€™ve given up trying to get that to work for now though. Iā€™ve submitted a couple of corrections that were causing the fan mode not to work correctly as well.

I am looking at the possibility of getting Tado in the next week months. Is this the only bit of software that is required to use Tado in the SmartThings environment? Iā€™m a bit of a novice at this sort of thing.

Do you lose any Tado features and does it work as well as within the Tado app??

@Maverick567 i donā€™t want to blow my own trumpet but it works very well with Tado devices. ill leave it up to others to confirm/deny its the case for them also.

but if you want to use ST for 100% of the scheduling i think you will be dissapointed as ST still has issues with time based scheduling, however if you use the Tado scheduler and want to use ST to set overrides for temps etcā€¦ maybe using an amazon echo using the Ask Alexa app, then this works well

Regards

Stuart Buchanan

Stuart thatā€™s brilliant news thank you. Is installation of the app in ST fairly easy??

Can Tado get its away data from ST?? Iā€™m just thinking I donā€™t want loads of apps using location services on my phone.

The benefit to using the Tado app on your phone is that the set point can be configured to adjust relative to the distance you are from your house. As you get closer the set point increases to your preset temperature to ensure that your house is at the right temp when you arrive.

I use the Tado Connect app in ST to provide simple local override on a couple of Smarttiles screens which works really well.

I also have a device handler that allows you to get the status from each tado user as individual presence sensors in ST. But itā€™s not part of the main tado smartapp

For use with the Tado Smart AC itā€™s working very well for me. I donā€™t use the Tado app at all. I have some CoRE rules setup for managing the AC while we are not home (using the ST presence), and while weā€™re at home Iā€™m using Google Home via SmartThings (and this Smart App) to control our heat pump.

The only annoyance is getting the phrasing right for Google Home (not an issue with this app). Sometimes it can be a little difficult, I may have to explore the Google Helper app.

thats also a problem with Amazons Alexa also it just dont feel right as you need to ask the skill. at the moment i only use ST for the Tado Integration and a few other Zigbee workflows, but only have the tado devices in the Ask Alexa app, so i have named the skill Tado so it makes more sense to me when i say ask tado the status of the downstairs heating etcā€¦

i agree for air conditioning ST is ideal as that heating/cooling is more instant than central heating. and as such i dont use any scheduling from Tado on my air conditioning as there method is pants IMHO. i use ST wholly for that based on presence etcā€¦

but for central heating i have found tados scheduler to be more reliable, and the zoned presence that heats up the house as you gradually get nearer is a better option.

however for anyone wishing to do the same type of presence with an android device, i do recommend AutoLocation with Tasker. as tasker i featuring more heavily in my overall HA solution as a person with wall mounted tablets for light switches it is a very powerful and reliable solution

Hi guys!

Has anyone tried the newly updated SmartRules for iOS which now supports thermostats? Shutting a thermostat off works fine, but going back to ā€œautoā€ always triggers the ā€œheatā€ mode not the ā€œautoā€ mode on my tado thermostats ā€¦ they thus stay in manualā€¦

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers, CJ

@cjacoby78 Auto mode is not a function to end manual control. Auto mode is to enable the automatic heat/cool mode as appropriate depending on temp. There is a command called end manual mode which will revert to the tado schedule again and end manual modeā€¦however this is not a normal function of the thermostat capability so I doubt smart rules can use it directly unless it can action custom functions.which I donā€™t know as I donā€™t use it.

But it sounds like you want to use the Tado schedule as well as a smartthings schedule. Usually people use one of the other. Although I found tados scheduler to be more reliable than using ST

Thanks a lot for your answerā€¦ Indeed these special functions are not supported by SmartRulesā€¦

What I am trying to do is use the tado scheduler but override it if SmartThings detects an open window and shut down the thermostat of the radiator underneath and turn it back on again in auto mode ince the window is closed againā€¦

Never mind - Sorted. Had to set OAuth

Hey guys

Newbie here but I have managed to do all the steps other than finding it in the add. Another thread tells me to go to market place then my smart apps but there is no my smart apps section

Please help and thank you in advance for your staying calm while replying to an idiot (me ofcourse)

Nathan

Not sure where you are up to, but from what you have said I think you need to go to Marketplace, (right hand tab at the bottom).
Then at the top you should see 2 tabs. Things and SmartApps.
Select SmartApps.
Scroll down and you should see + My Apps.
Click on My Apps and hopefully you will see Tado (Connect).

EDIT. After you have set this up, all subsequent times you wish to open it go to Automation - SmartApps.

Yes that is exactly what I thought to do but when I do that the +myapps isnā€™t there

Thanks in advance

Oh shxt.
I see + My Apps underneath ā€˜Moreā€™.
Iā€™m afraid all I can suggest is you contact support.

I assume you have copy and pasted the code and created your own SmartApp in the IDE.

The other thing to check is that you havenā€™t posted the code into the Wrong regions IDE. Most of the instructions are for the original US shard