[OBSOLETE] MyQ Lite Door and Lamp Control (for Liftmaster/Chamberlain)

Mine is actually Liftmaster and is working fine. Besides that, based on your earlier logs, the issue was with the status not reporting correctly, which has nothing to do with MyQ at all. That’s just the SmartApp not properly syncing your MyQLite door device with its tilt sensor. After the update, what do your logs look like if you open or close the door?

Update to handler code fixed smarttiles… momentary switch now good.

1 Like

noisier, butpretty much the same: I would post the screenshots again but it’s the same result of door showing closed/ tilt showing open.

11:33:35 AM: debug No change; door is already set to closed
11:33:35 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed
11:33:34 AM: debug No change; door is already set to closed
11:33:34 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed
11:33:34 AM: debug No change; door is already set to closed
11:33:34 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed
11:33:27 AM: debug refresh called from |GarageDoorOpener|135571
11:33:31 AM: debug No change; door is already set to closed
11:33:31 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed
11:33:30 AM: debug No change; door is already set to closed
11:33:30 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed
11:33:30 AM: debug No change; door is already set to closed
11:33:30 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed
11:33:29 AM: debug Door is now closed
11:33:29 AM: debug Request received to update door status to : closed

What the…where are the open entries??

Ok, so we’re still missing some key log entries to help see what’s happening. If possible, it would be good if you have the logs open while you hit the physical switch on your garage to open it and then close it. The logs I’m looking for should just be under the MyQ Lite smartapp category (not the door itself). In particular, I need to see these lines:

"Sensor change detected: Event name  [sensor] value [open/closed]"
"Updating door [door id] with [open/closed]  last activity: [timestamp]"

It’s important to do this to make the actual switch change to open - we get less logging if you just hit refresh from the door device tile itself. Hopefully we’ll see some log entries where the contact sensor goes to open.

You said you updated the device code to fix smarttiles, what was the smartapp fix for? I didn’t apply, but app and smarttiles are all good…

You’re right, the SmartApp change wasn’t related to that - it was just adding a little more debugging and also renaming the file structure to make it compatible with the GitHub integration.

I’m in a situation that my door shows as Closing but my tilt sensor shows as closed. I don’t have any log info so I understand it may be tough to debug. It ha been in this state for about 5 hours. Anyone else seen this?

For some reason, the door never received the “closed” update, so they’re out of sync. If you go to the MyQLite door and hit refresh, that should trigger a re-sync and fix it. If it doesn’t, I can work with that if you can give me some debug logs.

In theory, this should be a rare occurrence, but I may need to add a couple more things into the code to try and keep things sync’d in case something ever goes wrong so things can still be sync’d automatically sometime later without the multi-hour delay. Right now, the only time the door tries to sync with the sensor status is when the sensor status changes or when you manually hit the refresh button, so the way things are now it will stay that way indefinitely unless something happens.

Are you sure you have the correct sensor selected?

Here is a log from when I pressed refresh.

Is there any chance you renamed your sensor after installing the SmartApp?

Yes I did. Is that not recommended? I opened and closed the door and it got back into sync.

If you hit the refresh button now, does it still throw that same error as before?

I suspect renaming the sensor kills the refresh capability because the SmartApp still tries to look them up based on the old name. I may just need to rework the code to store the device id’s instead of names. It could still work based on opening/closing the door because SmartThings may be smart enough to update the “subscriptions” but not smart enough to go into SmartApp memory and apply the rename there as well.

Anyway, if I’m correct on this, the quick fix here would be to go back into the MyQ Lite SmartApp setup and just choose your sensors again. That should fix it until I can update the code to gracefully handle renaming.

1 Like

It does not throw the exception now… Interesting.

FYI. I’m in another situation in which my doors (both MyQ doors this time) are stuck at closing and my tilt sensors say closed. this time however a refresh of the MyQ device cleared it up. Different scenario from last time.

Gotcha. I’ve got some ideas how to fix that. Should get some time to push out an update soon.

1 Like

excellent… thanks so much for your work on this.

My single door setup been working 100% with some of the code from 5/30 & 5/31, reluctant to update, had zero issues and instant update on status.

I just pushed out an update to both Smartapp and Device Type that should hopefully improve any weird sync’ing errors between the MyQLite doors and associated sensors. More details below:

• Added a refresh that will cause a sync to occur 20 seconds after an open or close command is sent. This should make sure the door refreshes in case it somehow misses the sensor trigger
  • Added subscription to mode. Doors will now do a sync based on mode change, so even if the above refresh fails, a mode change to “away” or “home” will also trigger a sync.
  • Added subscription to sunrise/sunset as a last resort to keep things sync’d at least twice a day.
  • Added vastly improved debug logging whenever events are triggered from the door itself (ex: refresh or hitting open or close from the door tile itself in the mobile app). If things still fail, you should be able to get much better logs for us to figure out what went wrong.

Great… I will give it a try!

1 Like