[OBSOLETE] LeakSmart Water Valve

I wrote the handler a few years ago for a friend, but I don’t have this device and I only work with z-wave devices so it’s pretty much an as-is handler.

Tapping the refresh tile (if it has one) or saving the settings screen might have synced the battery level…

THANK YOU, ikillratz! After tons of trial and error, by happening upon this tip, I was able to simply add my LeakSmart valve via the iPhone app, which I had done many times before only to get a non-responsive thing in my list. This time I went into the IDE, and found it had the valve type listed as “Samsung TV”. As soon as I changed that to “Zigbee Valve” (THANKS AGAIN!), the valve worked perfectly. I even created a scene in SmartThings, had Alexa learn it, so now I can just say, “Alexa, start Open Water Valve” or “Alexa start Close Water Valve.” I know the “start” requirement kind of ruins the magic, but still very cool. And what a time savings vs. all the device handler work.

Yeah, it is nice.

For anyone still hanging on to their original install of the Iris by Lowe’s LeakSmart valve: my valve stopped responding to this custom device handler (using smartthings aotec IM6001 hub). I thought “great, I guess I’ll find another system and call a plumber”.

However, I found the leakSmart 888000 Automatic Shut-Off Valve on Amazon, and was able to swap out just the head unit brain using the existing valve/motor that was already connected to my plumbing. Worked perfect, and now I have a backup motor and valve if I ever need it.

FWIW, I still have a few Iris leak detectors that work great, but some started to die. I found they had better range and battery life than the newer Samsung detectors. I did find the newer Centralite sensors that appear to be just upgraded firmware and branding on the previous Iris architecture… so far so good. I also went ahead and bought several innr zig bee plugs that act as repeaters to extend the range and reduce battery drain.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I won’t be converting the LeakSmart Water Valve DTH into an Edge Driver, but the device should be functional with the built-in driver.

1 Like

Can you please qualify what you mean by “Built-in driver?” I have the same LeakSMART valve which was automatically migrated over to an Edge driver, but stopped being accessible through the Smartthings app. Unfortunately, I did not note to which driver it had defaulted.
I have tried resetting the valve and adding it back, and the valve reports connected to the zigbee network through its flashing lights, but the Smartthings app cannot find it… I guess that means it can’t find a suitable driver?
I have tried both “Searching for Devices” and searching for the Leaksmart valve listed in the Smartthings app. Neither finds the device.
Thanks.