[OBSOLETE] Jasco/GE Z-Wave Plus On/Off Switch (14291) With Double-Tap and Associations

Got it. Will this work with the new Enbrighten line from Jasco?

1 Like

Question. Is it possible to use the new app & ST ecosystem (STSC) with this device controller? Based on what I heard in other threads the new app doesnā€™t support webcore. Does it make more sense to expose the double tap feature as a separate button that can be used in Automations on the new Smart Things app.

Will this work with later versions of the devices? I have model 3037 version 5.22 but the code only has a fingerprint for version 5.20. The button numbers are not showing up in the smart lighting smart app. Button one works but not button two. Help?

1 Like

Related question to community. I just got a new Jasco 46562 switch that was a warranty replacement for the older 14291 switch. I was able to ā€˜replaceā€™ my kitchen switch using the classic app. The DTH seems to work except for the double-tap functionality. Looking at the log explains why. While the old switches used the basic command that DTH mapped to two buttons (command: 2001, payload: FF/00), the new switch sends central scene command when double-tapped as shown below:

7:37:39 PM: debug Parsed CentralSceneNotification(sceneNumber: 2, keyAttributes: 3, reserved11: 16, sequenceNumber: 23) to null
7:37:39 PM: warn Kitchen Light received unhandled command: CentralSceneNotification(sceneNumber: 2, keyAttributes: 3, reserved11: 16, sequenceNumber: 23)
7:37:39 PM: debug description: zw device: 02, command: 5B03, payload: 17 83 02
7:37:11 PM: debug Parsed CentralSceneNotification(sceneNumber: 2, keyAttributes: 3, reserved11: 16, sequenceNumber: 22) to null
7:37:11 PM: warn Kitchen Light received unhandled command: CentralSceneNotification(sceneNumber: 2, keyAttributes: 3, reserved11: 16, sequenceNumber: 22)
7:37:11 PM: debug description: zw device: 02, command: 5B03, payload: 16 83 02

Please help me modify the DTH to restore the double-tap functionality.

Iā€™m having the same issue. I can get the double-tap up to work but now down.

Did you have any luck with this? I just installed 4 and am running into the same problem :frowning:

Yes, I wrote my own DTH based on existing examples and it works perfectly so far.

1 Like

Are you able to point me towards what resources you used? I kind of have an idea of what I need to do based on looking at IDE logs but Iā€™ve never done anything with DTHs outside of install them and use themā€¦ lol

Give me some time, Iā€™ll publish it for everyone. Iā€™ll do it over the weekend.

1 Like

Any progress on publishing that DTH? Still working well?

Bumping this thread in hopes of getting your custom DTH published.

OMG! You have saved me from more endless web searches I was doing to allow for my GE smart switch to use the custom DTH. Once I added the switch as a button in webcore available devices, I could select the button and then button one. This finally allowed me to override the motion sensor. Thank you, thank you!

Sorry for the delay.
You can get the SmartThings DTH for the Jasco 46562 Switch from my GitHub repository. Connect it as: owner: sergeibobyr, name: sb-SmartThings, branch: master.
Itā€™s been working great for me for the last few months. I didnā€™t add a fingerprint so you must choose this DTH for your switch manually.

Sorry for the late reply. Published at: sergeibobyr / sb-SmartThings / master

Thank you!

I can confirm this Handler works with the Honeywell UltraPro Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch 39348
when adding the following fingerprint:
fingerprint mfr:ā€œ0039ā€, prod:ā€œ4952ā€, model: ā€œ3135ā€, ver: ā€œ5.53ā€, deviceJoinName: ā€œSwitchā€

I posted on the other topic for the related dimmer switch about an issue with this switchā€™s DTH not being compatible with the new smartlighting app. [BETA] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch With Double-Tap Mainly, the existing DTH for this on/off switch could not be used in its current form to access the buttons in the new smartapp for double tap (button 1 up and button 2 down). I sent a PR to the original developer to update the DTH, and he has already accepted it and code was updated for the dimmer switch which has given it the ability to work in the new smart smarthings app and smartlighting smartapp.

However, as noted above, there are multiple versions of this switch by Jasco. I personally have one of each. The updated code here https://github.com/nuttytree/Nutty-SmartThings/pull/11 works for the older switch - 14291. The code does work for the new switch 14318/46562 (why does Jasco use multiple model numbers!), but only a single button is exposed for automations. As noted above, Gobio attempted to update code to expose buttons, but that code has resulted in a lot of bugs for me with when I tried to use it, including causing incorrect status updates and also doesnā€™t work in the new smart lighting app.

These switches are definitely driving me crazy. Iā€™ll see if I can do anything to get double (and possibly triple?) tap working on the newer version of this switch in the new Smarthings app and keep thread updated with a possible new DTH. For now, you can get the code that works for older versions of this switch from the link above until the pull request is merged.

2 Likes

not a newb, but, super stupid question or questions.
Trying to ween off classic.
Is there a way to change value for field ā€œindicator statusā€ via the new smart things app? Via IDE? or do I need classic for config changes?

Yes, click on teh device to see the device page, then the three dot menu in the top right - then select Settings. If you have the right device handler installed, it will give you the option for how to set the indicator.

Unfortunately my updated DTH does not allow control of the LED in the new app. On the original DTH, that was controlled by a tile in the classic app, and displays the LED status as a preference. However, annoyingly, you canā€™t set it from ā€œpreferencesā€, you only see status of the LED and clicking it does nothing. Since the new app does not support displaying the tiles like the old one did, the setting needs to be re-coded entirely into preferences. Iā€™m seeing if I can figure out how to do that. Iā€™d like to get the other advanced Jasco settings in there too

https://ezzwave.com/advanced-configuration

But right now I am typing this on my resurrected old laptop that I just installed Linux Mint on and have just installed Home Assistant, in case I need to prepare for the worst with Smarthingsā€¦

1 Like