[OBSOLETE] Aeon HEM v1 DH Discussion (DTH link in post 411)

Yep, but you’ll have to remove it from all SmartApps first. This could be inconvenient for you.

What you could do is a factory reset from within the DH. Look down at the configure section, just past the statement “def cmd = delayBetween([”.

If you remove the “//” from the line that describes the factory reset zwave command, and add a “//” in front of all the other lines that start with “zwave.configurationV1”, you can do a reset without having to redo all your smartapps.

Once you make that change, tap on Configure tile, and then go back and undo the changes, and go back and tap on Configure again.

This won’t remove those rouge values you see. Those will only go away by a real exclude, delete, and reinclude process.

I guess you have to pick your poison…

OK excluded it and reinstalled now have this in devices. Is this correct as right now no cost shows. If it is correct do I try the other DH? When should it show cost? Still says 0.00

Hmm, it should be showing that. Check live logs for any errors, and/or go back to device preferences and tap on Done again.

Here is what is in live logging: And I have .0.01 in cost so it is working. But now the logging to Google has stoped. I did re add it to the Simple Logger. This is getting frustrating.

@johnconstantelo, what DTH are you using for the Aeon Smart Switch? I am looking for a DTH that has the following functionality:

• Ability to prevent it from being Switched ON/OFF
  • Can calculate cost based on usage
  • And other functionalities that you have provided in this DTH

Ok, perfect. Let me know if cost starts working. If not, then try tapping the Reset Energy tile.

Hi @damohabir,

I’m using one I put together. The only thing it’s not doing right now is calculating cost, but that’s on my todo list.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/devicetypes/jscgs350/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.src/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.groovy

Excellent. Do you also have one for Aeon Metering Switch V2? :slight_smile:

No, sorry. I don’t have that device (yet).

Something is messed up what should these settings be in the screenshot?

My DH for the Aeon HEM v1 has been updated:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/devicetypes/jscgs350/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.src/my-aeon-home-energy-monitor-gen1.groovy

(tagging @joelw135 @greg @krlaframboise)

2 Likes

Should look like this (especially now with the updated DH):

All the ones listed I have with the new version the remnants from the old I have nothing in I pressed the X along side and made them 0 I hope this works now. I still only have $0.01 cost my cost per kwh is 0.039630 and 0.29 kwh used, Is that about right?

Yup! The unrounded number would be 0.0114927

Thanks. Let me know when you get the dual reading DH ready. That is if you do of course.

1 Like

New DH works like a charm. Thanks again. I have been taught a valuable lesson If I get strange things in a DH, 1. it could be just a bad DH that I tried, which screwed up the good DH. 2. If I x out the bad numbers and restart the app the DH repairs itself sometimes.

1 Like

Can you please Help on installing the Aeon HEM on my samsung smathings?
I need the Owner Name Branch

eric, I can try to help. Have you downloaded the File for the DH? If not pick one from post 70 just above and open and copy all the code… There is one for using without a battery ( with USB Power) or one for use with 4 AA cells. Once you have that.

1. Open https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
  2. Go to My Device Handlers
  3. Click in the right hand corner where it says Create New Device Handler
  4. In the window that opens click from Code
  5. Paste the code into the window
  6. Click create button on the left bottom
  7. Now click save button in center right of screen
  8. It should now say created or something like that
  9. On the next screen click Save then Publish (FOR ME)
  10. Now that it is published the Device Handler is ready

Now if you haven’t installed the HEM do it. After it is installed and Paired let us know. I don’t think I will be up as it is late here but I will be around tomorrow or someone will be.

1 Like

John can you provide the GitHub settings for the new DH? Eric_James needs it?

Thank you Joelw!!!
you’re the Best