Nst manager git clone

Hi all, new to The community and was trying to integrate nest manager and I’m running into an issue. I’m familiar with programming somewhat, but not git hub.

Try to keep this simple, I downloaded and installed git hub and was able to clone smart things to my local machine. However when I tried to do the remote upstream function using the smart things public URL I get a fatal: not a git repository ( May not be the exact phrasing as I’m not at my computer at the moment ). I have followed the directions to this point and they been great but not sure what’s causing this error.

I tried to browsing few other forums but they kind of jumped around and I didn’t see a specific solution.

Thank you

Welcome! :sunglasses: You will get the fastest answer by asking in the author thread for the code that you are using. The author will be automatically notified when new posts are added to that thread and other people using the code may also be able to help.

Also check the first post in the thread to make sure that you have the newest version of the code and check any installation instructions there.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will use that with any additional questions. I think I was able to figure it out after I sent the message (of course). I needed to open GIT Bash from the actual cloned folder I created (very new to this type of code).

Thank you for the response, really appreciate it.

2 Likes