Not able to install SmartApp on Smartthings App

Hello,

I am attempting to add the RBOY Lock User Management app to the Smartthings app and am getting a “something went wrong please try again”. It is showing under the smart apps section but I can’t download the app to start using it.

I reached out to RBOY support and they haven’t experienced anything like this and Samsung doesn’t support 3rd party

I just checked and it looks like @maddie has sent you a few tips to try out. This looks like a ST mobile server timeout when you’re trying to install the SmartApp (it happens if the server is loaded/running slow), it may be a transient issue. You could try after a while or just start over, sometimes that helps.
Not sure if it’s related to this issue, but then again a fresh start may help.

I was able to get the lock user management app successfully installed on the ST app. Thank you for you the guidance. I am following the instructions to test out establishing new lock codes through the app but it doesn’t seem to be updating to the Schlage FE599 Connect handle lock.

I zero’d out the existing user count to 0, verified there were no users listed and then went back and added 5 users and established a 4 digit code to test. I tried to enter the new code and it didn’t work. I am standing about 10 feet from the lock.

Any suggestions?

Common question for a new setup, sanity checks:

1. The lock was reset before the app was installed (required if you’re programming the same codes through LUM that were previously programmed on the lock)
  2. Give it about a minute complete the programming after pressing Save/Done on the main page and exiting the app. You can see the programming status on the Manage Users page (reload the page to get the latest status)
  3. (Very important) Make sure your lock is within 15ft of a buffering device (not the hub). See this topic for details: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?

You can also check out the LUM FAQ page for more tips.

1. The lock was reset before the app was installed (required if you’re programming the same codes through LUM that were previously programmed on the lock) - No, I didn’t reset the lock before the app was installed. I erased the factory programmed access codes before the app was installed though

2. Give it about a minute complete the programming after pressing Save/Done on the main page and exiting the app. You can see the programming status on the Manage Users page (reload the page to get the latest status)

3. (Very important) Make sure your lock is within 15ft of a buffering device (not the hub). See this topic for details: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?
    Question on this, does this mean that if I want to reset or create an access code for a renter, that the lock has to be within 15 feet of a buffering device? Is the smart things smart hub not a buffering device? What is considered a buffering device?

Is there any way to truly test if the app is communicating with the lock? It doesn’t seem as if it’s communicating.

YEAH…It’s working!! Thank you once again for your quick response. Can you please confirm one more thing. I need to be able to add, delete and change access codes remotely. What do I need to do that. My current setup is a modem/router plugged into the ST Smart Hub 3rd Gen and the Schlage FE599 lock is located next to it.

Just use the app, that’s it.

It’s highly recommended to add a buffering device between the hub and the lock for reliable performance of the lock, this is due to the nature of the mesh and how beaming devices (like locks) work. While LUM is resilient, retries codes etc, from years of experience we have seen to create the most stable mesh, especially for folks who’re controlling the users remotely, there should be an active buffering device added to the mesh.

This topic explains why, what type of buffering device and where to place it. (as the title of the topic says): FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub? - #2 by RBoy