None of my SmartThings sensors re working from this noon!

I’ve had 2 motion and 2 open/close SmartThings sensors installed since last month. They were working fine till this noon.

Now suddenly, none of the 4 are registering any motion! They are stuck in the last known state. I rebooted the hub, did not seem to help. Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this issue? Thanks

are these zwave? if ST then zigbee, how many repeaters do you have? need to be reliable network mesh.

They are SmartThings - Zigbee…

I don’t think repeaters are the issue - they worked perfectly fine for a month and suddenly since 3 pm, ALL four of them stopped working? My place is pretty small.

Also, I removed one of the sensors to add it back, but the Bridge does not now recognize any of the 4 sensors - the 1 removed, the 3 existing ones

they may have worked for a month on a low signal then stopped
did you try and reset each device?

When you take the cover off and reset the sensor, do you see the little light blinking say it’s In inclusion mode?

I also noticed 1 of my montion sensors suddenly stopped working and when I try to include it again my light never flashes. I assumed it was a dead battery so I tried to replace it and still no go. I thought it was a dead sensor, which is frustrations because the thing isn’t 1 year old.

Mine is a month old!! So it cannot be the battery… Earlier this noon, around 3.48 pm - all sensors stopped registering. At that point, battery was 88%.

I reset the sensor, and the light blinks too… still no use…

Try each of these…

1 - Reboot your hub, are they now working?
2 - Reboot the device (again), take the batteries out and put them back in, working now?
3 - I know this will be a pain, try to repair one to ST hub, does it work?

1 - Reboot your hub, are they now working? - done already
2 - Reboot the device (again), take the batteries out and put them back in, working now? - done already
3 - I know this will be a pain, try to repair one to ST hub, does it work? - but the hub does not now recognize any of the 4 sensors

Yea, but what if you go through the pairing process again?

Here’s what I did:

Removed the sensor from my "Things"
Tried to add t back again - t keeps searching and searching and does not find it

Do I need to try something differently?

@whoismoses is going to put my support team out of a job… or at least allow them to go on vacation :slight_smile:

Re-pairing the one sensor is about trying to find a device stuck in the mesh network that is causing headaches. If you already reset a bunch of sensors without deleting them from the app, then you may need to remove them from the app. Also look into these:

-https://blog.smartthings.com/iot101/a-guide-to-wireless-range-repeaters/
-https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/208201243-ZigBee-Insecure-Rejoin-FAQ

Here’s the thing.

I have 4 sensors - ALL of them stopped logging exactly at 3.40 pm - which is weird.

• Rebooted the hub
  • Reset the sensors by removing battery
  • And removed one of the sensors from the SmartThings app - cannot it back. The app simply won’t detect this sensor to pair with it

If you are having continued issues, shoot a note over to support@ and our team will look into the Hub logs and get you taken care of.

Sure … did that yday