Next Developer Discussion will on on 05/18/16 - 5pm PST / 7pm CST / 8pm EST

Hey SmartThings Community!!

Time for another developer call! Come join us to learn about being a developer on the SmartThings Platform!

To join the Meeting:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/141985872

Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 141 985 872
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=QXMKREfEnsH59TBKF12MzQyP16LyBRzp

@slagle No recording of this call?

2 Likes

I am sure @slagle is recovering from the hackathon this weekend and the “Danger Zone” singing at 4am…

Hopefully we will see the recording of last week’s call soon.

3 Likes

Responses to questions on the dev call. :slight_smile:

• Samsung Appliances in the ST mobile app (@ashutosh1982)
  • These were “soft” launched and the models available in the app are ready to be used and will be supported by us. We will be adding more devices in the coming months.
  • State consistency (@Mike_Maxwell)
  • We are still working on state and have some fixes that will be implemented in the coming weeks.
  • Live logging
  • I have made a ticket for this in Jira and will be pushing for work to get done on this in the coming weeks.
  • DTH Preferences
  • Submitted a ticket internally to have parity in DTH prefs with SmartApps.
  • Text Rendering on Android
  • Submitted a ticket to the Android team to take a look at this. Used @pstuart’s example as a baseline.

Side note: Recording got screwed up, trying to resolve it, and will post as soon as I can.

1 Like

Excellent News! I am purchasing the Family Hub Refrigerator for my new home, that will be ready in December… Plus couple of my customers have the older WiFi Samsung Refrigerators. I shall reach out to support in case I run into issues.

Thanks a lot for confirming Tim!

2 Likes

Don’t forget long standing GPS issues on Android 6+ and excessive battery drain issues.

Yep, also talking to Android team about this, but nothing to report yet.

And even though it didn’t come up, it should be the highest priority. ADA compliance of the mobile app is dismal and going backwards.

This is simply not something that should be ignored. Accessibility of the mobile app is critical for both end users and developers.

1 Like