Newbie here - GE12722 Switch question

Hello everyone.

I just set up my hub this weekend and successfully connected 2 GE Link bulbs. Baby steps, ya know?

I hope someone can answer a question. My next step would be to set up the below scenario:

I would like the bathroom lights to come on when someone enters the bathroom and turn off when they leave. I was looking at the GE12722 Z-Wave switch and was curious if this has a built in motion sensor. I don’t see it mentioned in the specs at all so I am assuming it doesn’t. I am also assuming that I would have to purchase a motion sensor to accomplish my goal.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You are correct, you will need to purchase a motion sensor. Recently PEQ motion sensors were on sale at BestBuy, and those are the same as SmartThings SmartSense Motion. There are built-in apps that allow you to set up the lights as you describe, called “Turn on when there is motion”.

As @bravenel said, you’ll need a motion sensor. Get a couple PEQ’s before the sale ends! I got quite a few online from Best Buy and do exactly what you describe for all my bathrooms and kids rooms.

Are these motion sensors battery powered or need to be hard wired?

Battery powered. Long life, no problem.

1 Like

The PEQ’s at best buy are mod 3305-P and the Smartthings mod is 3305-S any idea how these differ?

The -P vs the -S and the plastic enclosure is slightly different. The PEQ devices will pair in our app as SmartSense devices.