New User Light Switch Query (UK)

Evening all,

Firstly, sorry of this has been asked a hundred times, but trying to get my head around everything as i am new to ST.

Been reading a lot but kinda have an info overload …

So… i want to change my lounge light switch. I have a standard UK double switch, each one controlling one ceiling light. Am i right in thinking i need something like the TKB TZ37 , so that i have a switch that will control 2 separate loads ?

Thinking about it… each ceiling light fixture has 7 led bulbs in, will this affect the type of switch needed ?

Thanks in advance…

I’m right assuming you’re in the uk from your post.
Personally I have a thing for LightwaveRF but thats not suitable for your query.
The man that springs to mind because I think a Fibaro will do the trick and @anon36505037 is your man. Hope you don’t mind Mr Fibaro guru. :wink:

Thank you, yup am in the UK… only just got the ST 2 days ago, and picked up 2 Fibaro motion sensors to go with it. Got these working and have the general idea about how it all works, but knowing the right components to buy seems a little trickier when it comes to electrical connections… thanks again…

Great stuff, thank you.

No stud wall in this case, and happy with a straight on/off, so will choose accordingly and look to place in the ceiling as i know i have plenty of room there.

Thanks again, is appreciated.

Gentleman… thank you, is appreciated

1 Like

The TKB TZ37 should work as long as you have a neutral wire at the switchbox. The Fibaro micros that @anon36505037 mentioned will give you more options for both wiring and switch selection so I would agree those are generally a better choice for the UK. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Happy UK Fibaro user here.

Just wish the price was a bit lower - dimmers hovering around £39 on Amazon at the mo.

Double relay switch granted is better value as it’ll do two lights.

2 Likes

Hi Robin, I have an Aeotec Nano Dimmer I’ve been trying to get to work to do exactly this. But it doesn’t in any incarnation!
More than happy to get a Fibaro Dimmer 2 instead. Could you provide more details on how you configured the scene ID control, please? As I have a Swiid cord switch crying out for it! :slight_smile:

Excellent, thank you, I’ll let you know how I get on soon!

1 Like