New user having New app vs Classic problem

Hi Everyone, I’m new to all of this and tried to find some postings about this but didn’t get far before my eyes rolled back in my head.

My problem is I’m a spaz and a computer guy so I thought, “how hard could this be?” and just jumped in. I don’t remember which app I started with but I have both. I don’t know if my login is a Smartthings account or Samsung account but I can log into both apps. I found Classic easier to use at first so that’s what I used but now I find that, while my devices are in both apps, my very few automations are not in the new app. Is this expected? Would I have to copy them into the new app if I want to use that one?

I have to say, I wish there was a Windows app so I could configure this stuff on a BIG screen.

just use the old classic app unless you have a Samsung TV or washer or suchlike - normal. Other old custom devices not supported in new app.

1 Like

I’m sorry, the intent of the thread was masked by all the other people posting their problems. I will try and look through the FAQs

1 Like

Yeah there’s a reason a lot of people are voicing ‘issues’ in that thread. :slight_smile:

Pull up a chair, have a cup of joe and read the whole thing for some entertainment (or to pull your hair out)

That said, I read your username and note that you’ve survived worse. …and the fact that I understood it makes me suddenly feel old. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!

1 Like