New Smartthings user - a little help with sonos setup

Hey all, I’m having a really hard time trying to get sonos to communicate with my Smartthings hub. I have a play bar and two play 1 speakers and would like to get them connected. I’ve followed every possible detail in the instructions provided by Smartthings both through the app and online with no luck.

During the Sonos (Connect) phase of the setup nothing at all is discovered. I’ve waited well over 15 minutes and nothing populates. I took down my entire sonos network and set it up as new and have the same issue.

Sonos works great when hooked up through both a bridge or over wifi but I cannot get it to sync with Smartthings. Any help would be appreciated.

The platform has been having problems all week, you may just have to wait until things stabilize.

Meanwhile, write support@smartthings.com they may be able to help.

Hi guys,

This is my first time in the community and luckily I found this post with the same exact issue. Today, I received my Sonos Play:1 but can’t get the Sonos (Lab) app to detect it. I’m open to anything but I also have a gut feeling that it’s probably because I’m running Smartthings Hub v1?

I’ve left the application running for a good 10 minutes and it doesn’t detect the Play:1. Plus, I’ve used two different smartphones with the same issue.

The only thing I haven’t tried was to get the Sonos plugged into my switch first, and if it gets detected, disconnected it and get it back on wifi.

Other than the Hub v1, my setup is as follows:

• Sonicwall TZ100 (firewall)
  • Netgear Prosafe JGS524NA
  • Unifi AC Lite (wifi)
  • Sonos Play:1 on Wifi

Any help is much appreciated!