New smart app to link the virtual/simulated garage door device with two actual devices

sorry didn’t get a chance to work on it till this morning. It shows on the log that the door sensor opened but the relay didn’t click and the door didn’t move. thanks again.

Those arnt the settings, did you Even configure the app

Also that log is not from my smartapp. I think your in the wrong thread and not using my smartapp.

Now that logging is working again, here are what the app settings look like and logging for my smartapp

I tried to send more pictures but the site stopped me at 3. ill try to put more tonight

yes your app is configured, the picture of it is on my tablet and that is at home. I’ll post them after work. the pic’s I posted was of the logging screen at the time I tap the icon to open the door. I didn’t know there was a cap on the amount of pictures I could post at one time, because I just logged in for the first time.

okay these are the screenshots thanks

Your setup is wrong. See my.picture or read the notes where is says same as above it needs to be the same…in your case garage door.

i"m confused it says to choose the same sensor. in my case “garage sensor right” the virtual device “garage door” is the only option it lets me choose.

Oh great I got it, Thank you so much i really appreciate it. I was stuck with my one track mind. Now for the left door. Do i make another setup for the left side or can i tie them both together on the same screen.

all devices need to be separate but you can put them in the same room… so different sensor, differnt relay and different virtual device… but you can put the other devices in a misc room so you dont see them and only the two virtual devices/garage doors in you garage room. So i assume you got the first one working?

Yes i did thank you very much. the relays are working. Cant seem to get the buzzer to go i know there was a place to assign the buzzer but cant remember.

I think the buzzer was a custom version either i or someone wrote … normally there is not a place for it… I actually dont like it and think it is not needed as all have a beam that if crossed stop movement anyway

OK i don"t need it. thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Im having a bit of trouble with this. My garage door needs a momentary non-latching button press to operate. I have a Fibaro FGS-221 double relay switch to operate it. I can set the Fibaro to operate correctly, but the Virtual switch doesnt seem to operate it. If i change the FIbaro to ‘standard’ operation, then the setup operates the door ok from the app, but the relay is left latched on, which is not what i need. Any ideas pls?

Set it to normal and create a smart lighting rule to turn.off whenever on. Ie!
Screenshot_2018-10-03-10-14-18|281x500

Thanks. That screenshot wont open tho, have you any more info?