New smart app to link the virtual/simulated garage door device with two actual devices

Thanks. This appears to work, however its a bit of a clumsy way of doing it. Any way of getting it to work with the Fibaro switch when its set as non latching, as this would be perfect.

Also, the app seems a bit flakey and doesnt always trigger the switch when i set it to open or close. Again, any ideas?

Its not the app. It is some problem with the device type with the switch. Other relay devices work fine. Also again if it doesnā€™t work every time there is a problem with your mesh. Recommend you get some other wired devicesbetween your hub and the garage.

Thanks Larry. So the Device Handler you mean? I dont think its the mesh as its all quite close. Also the switch works flawlessly when i operate it directlyā€¦

Any thoughts on it working with the non-latching option?

Anyone else got this scenario working properly, ie with a Fibaro Relay??

New user here! Works great with my mimolite relay and smartthings multi purpose sensor. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I thought I was leaning my way around ST, butā€¦ I canā€™t find where to change the 6s runnin to 1s. I need someone to hold my hand, pleaseā€¦

I have installed the SmartApp
I have created the Virtual Opener

I have looked through the SmartApp code and cannot find anything that resembles the delay. I can not figure out how/where to edit the the Virtual Switch, all I get is the page where I initially set it up:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

not there. click on my device types and edit the virtual device you added. if you didnt add one you will need to do that

Is anyone currently using this with Alexa?

I seem to have this set up and working with the Smartthings phone app, but Alexa tells me ā€œGarage door doesnā€™t support thatā€.
Is there a solution for this?

Larry, where is ā€œmy device typesā€. I am in the same boat as others, and cant figure out how to change the 6 second delay to 1 second. I dont see a ā€œmy device typesā€ anywhere in the IDE.

Is there a reason why the SmartApp doesnā€™t subscribe to the Door ā€œopeningā€ (and ā€œclosingā€) event, but instead subscribes to the contact ā€œopenā€ (and ā€œclosedā€) events?
I was trying to modify this so that it would trigger on the ā€œopeningā€ event so that it would then report opening while opening, and then convert to ā€œopenā€ after a few secondsā€¦
Thoughts?

door opening and door capabilities in general were never implemented by smartthings

I have a konnected setup with a open and close sensor on 3 garage doors, is this the right app for me to send me notifications if the garage is open and even close the garages if they remain open after a certain amount of time?

So iā€™m using this custom code for my device type, but alexa said that garage door doesnā€™t support that. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong

try asking her to turn on the garage door. Then add custom voice command

Ha_Nguyen

January 19

So iā€™m using this custom code for my device type, but alexa said that garage door doesnā€™t support that. Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong

it works with turn on/off garage door. I added 2 custom voice commands for open/close and now it works too. I thought somehow those open/close commands work naturally with simulated garage door opener

Unused to work. Amazon changed their rules for opening doors etc. It canā€™t know it iis a door.

Larry - looks fantastic. I am looking at using this with my gate. I need to add a z-wave dry contact relay and z-wave open/closed sensor but it looks like those are just abstractions of the same things in a garage door. Do you know if the capabilities in this smart app are compatible with ActionTiles?

Hi Larry, Thank for your work and support. A question that a have not seen in the post. Such Iā€™m not a programmer, itā€™s there a way to add a viewing cammera (like the Generic Camera Device does) in the same screen so it it able to watch door opening/close via live streaming?
Thank you again! great job!

in short noā€¦ you cannot even get generic cameras such as samsung or wise to work reliably anywhere in smarthingsā€¦

Hi Larry, last weekend put hands on and give a try of my programmings skills. Iā€™ve done something could maybe work. Iā€™ll send you some screen captures.

Iā€™ve still have some issues that maybe someone can help/fix.:

1. Iā€™ll like syncronice smartappā€™s input parameter (web cameraā€™s path) with the device handler, I know there is a way, using state, but Iā€™ve could not. Now itā€™s work with a Hikvisions cammera, with rtsp url hard on device handlerā€™s code.

2. Iā€™ll like he web cameraā€™s live streaming running at the open screen starts, and not paly buttonā€™s pressed need.

3. I donā€™t know how to share the code (device handler and smartapp).
    Hope some one catch the hand!

Thanks to all!