Or second sensor
Only other change is notifications original is everything or nothing , with my version when sent to nothing it does still send message if there is a problem eg jamb with door
Or second sensor
ive updated the code, of the app,
you can now set a lag/dew between pressing the button and then the app actualy sending the close command to the door so that a warning or other notifcation can be played befor the door moves
@mark_cockcroft Do I need to use all 3 codes:
I do not have a gate to open and close, only a garage door. I am new to smartthings and trying to figure this out which each of the 3 codes do.
Also, will this code activate a flashing light and buzzer for warnings before the garage door opens or closes?
Number 3 and one of the others depending on gate or garage
No on the flashing/buzzer. Have to use another app and subscribe to ‘door’ events
Which isn’t very supported
Is it possible to incorporate the light/buzzer code from the Konnected version of the smart app. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvmuffcowvv1ao4/Virtual%20Garage%20v%203.1.txt?dl=0
They are nice safety features to have and are required for unattended garage door operation in the US.
Yea, do you need buzzer / light for opening?
According to Product Safety Commission (10CFR1211) they are needed for unattended closing. See 1211.14 on Page 11 here: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2016-04-07/pdf/2016-07552.pdf
I dont have any devices with tone cabiability so cant test that bit
I just installed it, the light and buzzer work. I will let you know if there are any issues after further testing. Thanks for the update.
This is my first smart things implementation and I’m having a blast. I’ve read thru the thread and can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong.
I am using a raspberry pi with garage sensors that is triggered from a generic URL. For the contact sensor, I am using the smart things multi-sensor. I figure I’ll document the steps I’ve taken and hopefully someone will see a step I missed or did incorrectly and help me resolve.
- I created a Simulated Garage Door Button device type
- Add the HTTP Button Device Type to the IDE (I’m using this device handler)
- Publish the HTTP Button Device Type in the IDE
- Create the Simulated Garage Door Button Device
- Create the Simulated Button Device in the IDE
- Open the mobile app, and edit the Simulated button settings to define the URL and action variables
- Trigger the button in the mobile app and confirm that the URL is being called to the PI, and the button is actuated (this also confirmed that the call is coming local from the hub, and not from the cloud), the garage door opens or closes, and the sensor confirm that it now opened or closed.
- in the mobile app, moved the button to the room with the garage room to keep things organized
- create the Simulated Garage Door Opener Device Handler
- Back in the IDE, using the code in this thread (I’ve used both the original, and the modified version by @mark_cockcroft, I create the DH
- Publish the DH in the IDE
- Create the Simulated Garage Door Opener Device
- Go to my devices in the IDE and create the device
- In the mobile app, I see the device created, but there is no settings menu item yet
- in the mobile app, i move the new device to the garage room
- Create the Smart App
- In the IDE, i create a new smart app using the code in this thread
- I publish the smart app for me
- In the mobile app, I add a new smart app, and select the new LGK Virtual Garage Door App
- this is where I’m stuck.
When I try to install the App, I just get a screen that says “processing” with a spinning wheel. I’ve waited 15+minutes w/o resolution. Eventually I have to kill the mobile app, and when I open it back up, the LKG Smart App is there, but when I click on it, I either get a network communications error, or back to the spinning wheel.
Can anyone see an obvious mistake or something I’m doing wrong? Appreciate the help from everyone.
edit: I am able to get the simulator to work in the IDE, and it allows me to set the devices, and clicking the buttons actually actuates my door, i just can’t seem to get the smart app to install in the mobile app.
Not sure what to say, open the ide and look at live logging, then try the app again in the mobile app.
I don’t use ST anymore but the app starts up ok for me still
hmm, no activity in the live logging. I’ll keep poking around. thanks.
it seems like there may be a problem with the Smartthings app on Pixel 3 and Pixel 2 devices, maybe all of Android 10? I also had a problem connecting my Leviton devices, so I tried the legacy app and it worked, so I also tried to add the smart app there, and it worked as well.
Why can I no longer start a new thread here?!
Hey just installed and it works great on the old app. Are there any updates on it working properly for the new app?
Need some help in getting this smart app to behave properly with the new SmartThings app.
I recently migrated to new app after multiple annoying messages from Samsung and the app as such is working fine with my existing automation to close the Garage Door every night and all.
The issue I have is that it doesn’t show up correctly in the new app. And if I just hit the tile in the new ST app, it doesn’t open the garage door. It would close that however if it was open. I have to go into the tile and select the third option listed as Garage door to open the door from the app.
Is there an updated version of this app which makes it better operationally when used with the new ST app?
I’ve just added this in the new app and have set up the smart app. I’m using a Qubino relay and contact sensor. Thee contact sensor reports status perfectly to the virtual garage door, but the relay does not work. I’ve change the relay in the smart app to use different relays, and none of them work. Any pointers?
Have there been any updates to the app that work with the new ST app? I’m having exactly the same problem as ViperTK above. The virtual garage door app doesn’t appear properly in the ST app and activating the garage door only returns the sensor status but doesn’t actually open the door.