New smart app to link the virtual/simulated garage door device with two actual devices

Not sure why you would do that. There is an option in the app… Just set push notifications to “no”

Because the way that feature works in the SmartApp is all or nothing. I do want to be notified when someone in the home (say my wife) opens the garage door via Alexa , but not when the garage physical button is pressed. Why? Because, I am monitoring that the former always works as intended, the latter I know it always works.

try this, the defaul is no message, unless something gets mixed up like a door jamb

Cool! Thanks!

Is there any benefit to update to this version from the one in the original post if i do not have a gate or need for a second switch?

Or second sensor
Only other change is notifications original is everything or nothing , with my version when sent to nothing it does still send message if there is a problem eg jamb with door

ive updated the code, of the app,
you can now set a lag/dew between pressing the button and then the app actualy sending the close command to the door so that a warning or other notifcation can be played befor the door moves

@mark_cockcroft Do I need to use all 3 codes:

1. lgk-virtual-garage-door.groovy"

2. simulated-gate-opener.groovy"

3. simulated-garage-door-opener.groovy

I do not have a gate to open and close, only a garage door. I am new to smartthings and trying to figure this out which each of the 3 codes do.

Also, will this code activate a flashing light and buzzer for warnings before the garage door opens or closes?

Number 3 and one of the others depending on gate or garage

No on the flashing/buzzer. Have to use another app and subscribe to ‘door’ events

Which isn’t very supported

Is it possible to incorporate the light/buzzer code from the Konnected version of the smart app. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvmuffcowvv1ao4/Virtual%20Garage%20v%203.1.txt?dl=0

They are nice safety features to have and are required for unattended garage door operation in the US.

Yea, do you need buzzer / light for opening?

According to Product Safety Commission (10CFR1211) they are needed for unattended closing. See 1211.14 on Page 11 here: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2016-04-07/pdf/2016-07552.pdf

@dman97 & @Stills00
Updated to select closing warning devices and done some code improvments/simplifications, have a test an let me know

I dont have any devices with tone cabiability so cant test that bit

I just installed it, the light and buzzer work. I will let you know if there are any issues after further testing. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.