New app, MyStatus, Galaxy Watch

V3 hub, Samsung A8 (Android 9) 1.7.42-22, Galaxy Watch
(Europe (eu01-euwest1), Finland)

Can not use the watch in any automation as a presence.
I’m able to control devices and scenes from the watch.

Deleted classic app from phone (only New app in use now)
deleted smartthings app from watch
deleted MyStatus from IDE

Re-installed app to my watch.

result: instead of 2 locations, “myhomeplace” and “MyStatus” I have now 3 locations: “myhomeplace”, “MyStatus” and “Home”

Love to have only one location…

I have the same problem… every time I add the Active watch , a new location called “MyStatus” appears on Ide interface.
In new ST app it is no visible, but in old app it is switchable.

Still not working, no help from support… asked ST support, they told me to contact Samsung EU support, because I live in Finland. Tried to ask from EU support, no reply at all.
This is going nowhere… SmartThings should be StrangeThings…

Samsung Support said to send error log…but simply it doesn’t work, there are no error…:pensive:

reply from support:
“Unfortunately, it’s not possible to use the watch as a presence sensor or use it as a trigger for an automation. The watch will just give you the ability to control devices and scenes. Apologies, for any inconvenience this causes.”

so… I guess there is no way to make it work :frowning:

The support, in my opinion, doesn’t understand the problem…in the past the status worked perfectly. I remember in the past year I created an automation with my watch…turn tv off when I sleep…

I think you are right.
Why ST people don’t know their devices??
No one can explain the “MyStatus” location??
WTF?? This is just expensive playground…

i am adding my name to the hat of users that cannot use the watch in automations. i have:

Samsung V2 hub
both the classic and new SmartThings App on Samsung Galaxy S9
Galaxy watch

just like all the users above when on my watch, in the smartthing app settings, when i enable “Use watch status” it creates a new location in the IDE called “MyStatus” and you cannot use the watch status in any automations.

why is this setting even on my watch if we can’t use it the way i is described?

I am also having this issue with my Samsung V2 Hub and Galaxy Active 2 watch. Looking forward to a solution.

I received this response from SmartThings support. Oh well…

Thank you for your patience.

We apologize for the delayed response, we have been working on the issue that you are facing and we regret to inform you that the Samsung Gear watches are no longer able to be used in automation with the SmartThings.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to write back to us for any further queries.

Regards,
Samsung SmartThings Support

I noticed they explicitly state ‘Samsung gear watches’ in their reponse. People have reported the problem on Galaxy watch (ie me) and Galaxy Active 2 (post before yours) so I suspect if they bothered to investigate and fix it for those two watches (Which ought to be supported IMO as they are current) they’d probably inadvertantly fix it on the Gear :wink:

I had this from support UK, the EU(Fin) support never answered…

"Unfortunately, it’s not possible to use the watch as a presence sensor or use it as a trigger for an automation. The watch will just give you the ability to control devices and scenes. Apologies, for any inconvenience this causes.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. Have a great day!"