New app missing "Replace" for Z-wave devices

Has the option to replace a sensor been removed from the New ST? If not, can someone direct me to the option?

I realize I can still use Classic to replace a sensor, but, as I understand it Classic will be toast in October…

Replace is not in the new app

Maybe others have better reliability with sensors than I do, but I’ll miss that feature. It’s a lot of work to redo scenes and automation just because a sensor had to be replaced.

5 Likes

@SmartThings no answer here? This is kindofa big deal - do you have a best practices for us?

1 Like

I tried to replace a z-wave device tonight, and apparently we’re now completely locked out of the old app. And still no replace option in the new app. Pathetic!

I’ve been debating moving to a different platform for awhile since Samsung keeps making things worse. Yet another push away from Smartthings. Good job!

1 Like

Just here for a “me too”. Had to replace my first device since the old app was decommissioned. Huge PITA.

3 Likes

I’m still missing the option to use this feature in ST… Nobody else???

It was removed in the new app…no one has it anymore

I have reached out to Smartthings support a few months ago and the only option they provided was to re-add the device. This is a terrible experience especially when you have multiple smart apps connected and you now have to update them all…

2 Likes

To make matters more difficult, they also took away the smart app mapping. It was really easy to see where each device was used. Not so easy now.

1 Like

You can look at the device in the IDE to get the details unfortunately they have removed a lot of useful things with this transition.

@SmartThings Is there a road map or anything for parity with the old app? I actually used replace more than a few time and it saved me lots of time from having to redo other settings.

Its particularly worse for 3+ way switches where you have to redo the minimote pairing.

2 Likes

Still missing the replace a year later :frowning:

1 Like

Adding my “me too”… guess I’m going to manually rebuild the routines…

I need to replace a device today that participates in several different routines. Found this thread while searching for a “replace” function. SmartThings used to be the best platform of them all, but not anymore. Between still struggling with parity between classic and new apps, and the imminent uncertainty of the IDE, I actually recommended AGAINST SmartThings to a friend last week who was asking about how to start building his own smart home system. :pensive: