New Android App 1.7.60.23 January 27

By the way, I still cannot make any Scenes to work with Android Auto. I have even created a new one, but nothing.

The open settings on phone option from Android Auto is still not working. (The car was standing and the engine was off for the picture…)

Yeah the evohome and aqara are custom handlers

Aqara will not work, it reports randomly.

I know but it was much more frequent than this…

I’m using Grahams @orangebucket dth for my Xiaomi temp sensor Andrea’s, obviously cloud connection, reporting every 20 mins

Ok thanks. Maybe it’s just me, but i remember it updating irregularly yes but more frequently. Thank you anw :wink:

I have my Galaxy S2 Tab updated now (via the Galaxy Store), along side my Note 5. The Tab is actually reporting fewer “Checking status” than the phone, in fact none right now, while the phone is stuck on 4 devices. Both the tab and phone are on the same wifi too. I swear it’s worse now that before.

1 Like

Guys i think i have found what is causing the app to load so slowly when opening random devices while others are fast.

Devices which have been added quick automations inside them such as buttons which use quick pressed and held automations and devices such as switches, plugs and bulbs which include timer, power on and power off quick automations all have this issue.

Can you guys do some testing to see if my theory holds up?

Here are some screenshots of what you should be looking for: (inside the red circles).

For context this is slow (video):

2 seconds load time for devices which do not include quick automations

8 - 10 seconds for devices that include quick automations.

@nathancu

I don’t use those and mine all seem ‘fast’ I don’t know what you’re considering ‘fast’ vs. slow… I’ll just say mine are ‘acceptable.’

Yes, seems that all devices which open to more configurable settings take longer to load

I think this first started about 5 updates ago?

I doesn’t seem to matter if i use them or not, it is the same for all.

Then I’m not seeing your result. Mine are relatively fast unless I completely restart the device. Then the first load is long - ~60 seconds and subsequent loads are faster. (Definitely some kind of caching behavior, but I dont know what flushes the cache)

I do however have on average between ~180-220 devices in my setup, and only have fewer than 50 of actually showing on my home screen…

Maybe it is something with the european shard… not all are seeing the same behavior. What device are you using?

I tested this on a galaxy s20 ultra, tab s 7 plus, xiaomi mi max and galaxy s9 plus and the behavior is coherent in all of them

Galaxy S10 + (Running Android 11 + OneUI 3.0) and S9

My s20 and tab s7 are one ui 3 and s9 and mi max on android 10. Which region are you in?

US, NA02 Shard

This is starting to verify my EU shard theory

EU01 euwest1
no sign of the issues you see Andreas
S10 droid 10

Thanks Mike!