New Aeon MultiSensor

Looks pretty nice. The previous gen was pretty bad though

1 Like

I did not have this experience, in fact my aeon multis are my favorite motion sensors in the house.

I have some of the new Aeon stuff and it is pretty awesome stuff. :smile:

1 Like

My Aeon multis have been about the two most reliable devices in my setup. Smaller and lighter versions will be welcome though.

I’m excited about maybe being able to mount them on the ceiling without them looking like a “ball” hanging from the ceiling. :wink:

2 Likes

I had 6 sensors - two went dead completely after about a week. They are also super huge and battery hogs.

My favorite multi sensors is the ST one by far. My favorite motion sensors are the Ecolink (cheap and reliable)

Things happen :smile:

As always, competition is good. I love my Fibaros (size and the mount is simplistically awesome), so I like to see other companies push back.

1 Like

Looks cool if you want to close your blinds to protect floors or furniture from UV damage. Wish mine that I just bought were more accurate though… It harps on accuracy but I beg to differ.

The sensitivity dial impacts battery life for sure. I have sensitivity turned down to keep my cats from turning on lights. So battery life is good. For a brief while I had left sensitivity set high and I was loosing like 2% of battery per day!

The ST sensors bug me since they pick up every creature. Lack of pet mode is annoying. And while they work great for months at a time, every now and then they all stop reporting motion at the same time or one or two will not report motion for minutes or hours at a time. This even happens when they are still reporting signal, battery, temp etc. Occasional episodes of weirdness and headaches.

No mention of price - I wonder if they’ll be higher than the current sensor due to the added functions. I’m looking to buy a few soon and was going to go with the Fibaros, but I’ll wait a bit to see what Aeon does with this.

1 Like

I have one ST sensor that doesn’t work right - I installed it in my dry sauna and exposed it to 150F heat for a few days. Doh.

I’ve tried turning down the sensitivity on the Aeons, and I still have the same result. When compared to my cheap Ecolink sensors (I have dozens) – the Ecolink wins hands down. Most are still at 90% battery life after a year. Granted, I don’t get all of the same functionality but that’s OK for me.

Great!It has UV also.Let’s see if someone makes a device type for that.I am interested in the UV sensor.Probablt we can do sth with arduino?

Looks like the light sensor is still only 0-1000 lux. Otherwise it looks really cool.

No exterior use mentioned

I did find this

“Outdoor sensor.
Gain outdoor intelligence. IP20 rated, you can use MultiSensor 6 outdoors by disabling its motion sensor and usings its 5 other sensors.”

Hope this lives up to all their hype. If so I’ll get a couple of these. I have the last generation of the Aeotec multi and its OK except for eating batteries.

The only reason I am waiting for Aeon is because Fibaro doesn’t make an outdoor one. I have a couple of the Aeon multi and they are a pain.

I’ve noticed that my sensors go thru some batteries!

The Smartest House is preselling the Aeon New Multisensor and Z wave light and new Smart 6 Switch on pre-order with release date May 20, 2015.

i have the previous gen … and have never found any tasks / functions that utilize the light sensor …

ie. maintain ‘x’ lux when motion is detected, or enable switch (fan) when humidity is above ‘x’ percent

anyone have any thoughts or resources??