networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_FAILED vs ZWAVE_S0_DOWNGRADE

Every device on your account has a DTH (device type handler), that’s how the messages to the device get formatted properly.

SmartThings has a standard library of “stock” DTHs that get distributed to all customer accounts. If you didn’t specify a custom DTH, then your devices get matched to one of the stock DTHs at the time they are added to your account.

So you do have a DTH for each device, it’s just not custom code. :sunglasses: If you look at the device listing for your account in the IDE, you can see which DTH has been assigned to each device.

I just wanted to clear that up, because support staff will probably want to know which DTH has been assigned to each lock, even if it was automatically assigned from the standard library.

Also, we will need to know the brand and model of the locks. I’m sure that will be the first question that @Kianoosh_Karami asks. :wink:

Zigbee Insecure Rejoin

Samsung has a bad habit of using the same term two different ways, which can be very confusing. They already had location.mode and security.mode (Smart Home Monitor Armed State), each of which is often called just “mode” in the documentation, even though they are two completely different things.

Then when they released the new app, they changed the name of zigbee insecure re-join to “security mode” even though that is one more different thing. So now

a) “security mode” refers to zigbee join default

b) , “security.mode” of “Home” refers to smart home monitor armed state but is usually just called Mode, and

c) Mode also refers to “location.mode,” which might also have a value of “home” but is a completely different variable. :scream:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/208201243-ZigBee-Insecure-Rejoin-FAQ

Other customers

There were two different major platform changes in the last 10 days.

First, there was a new hub firmware update which revealed some new bugs and required a couple of patches.

Second, changes are being made to the SmartThings implementation of Zwave and the platform abstraction of it in order to get ready for S2 security. This has introduced some other issues.

Some other customers have reported that during this time. They are having problems with devices that have the option to pair securely, like some aeotec sensors. They are seeing similar messages to the one that you are seeing, but I don’t know if it’s related to your specific problem. I haven’t heard of anyone else having that many Z wave locks on a single hub before, so it might just be a problem specific to The number of devices.

1 Like