Netatmo Thermostat UK

Hi all,

I have been using a Nest thermostat with ST, and it works rather well. It strikes me that it is overkill in terms of features, however, and as well as being cheaper the Netatmo Thermostat is more versatile in terms of installation since the thermostat itself can be battery powered.

I haven’t grappled with code for well over a decade, so while I’m willing to have a crack at creating a device type for the Netatmo it might not go well. Is anybody else interested in this device, especially coders?

2 Likes

I like the Netatmo thermostat too. Have had no luck with writing a device type yet, after many false starts it turned out to be a SmartThings OAuth issue, so I haven’t been back to it after lots of wasted time.

I would certainly be interested if you get this off the ground, and may be able to lend a hand … at the moment I make do with very limited functionality using IFTTT and some virtual switches or Maker endpoints to set away / Schedule modes.

1 Like

I am doing some work on this now, so far managed to connect to the Netatmo API, create a child Thermostat device, and get Smartthings to display current temperature and setpoint

1 Like

I picked up a Netatmo in the black Friday deals and was hoping for this to work with the SmartThings system.

1 Like

HEY!!! Nice to see people using the Netatmo Thermostat! If you guys need a guinea pig, I’m your man! (just don’t add backdoors to freeze/boil my home… lol!)

Any news to this thread?

Bumping this threat, any news on this?

1 Like

Bumping for another try?

1 Like

Looks like there’s a few of us here with the Netatmo Thermostat… Any news?

I currently use Alexa to control the Netatmo thermostat, so have less need for it to be done through SmartThings. TBH my programming is a bit too rusty and I haven’t been able to self-teach how to build parent and child devices correctly. I will post here if I get this restarted.

1 Like

Maybe @cscheiene could help in this field? I’m sure there’s a few of us (me first!) willing to act as “guinea pigs”… right?

I have a Tado thermostat that is fully integrated into ST.
I’m not a coder but perhaps somebody could look at the code for the Tado and convert it to work for you.
Search for:-
Tado Connect.
Tado Heating integration.
Tado Hot Water integration.
Not sure if this info helps but thought I would post it just in case.
Edit. If you can control via Alex’s, can you not control it through ST - > IFTTT - > Netamo integration?

1 Like

Yeah, I guess we could… but, at least in my case I’d love to skip as many men-in-the-middle as possible… I already have to use this approach for my somfy devices… don’t want to have to deal with a zillion MITM…

2 Likes

Bump still nothing?

I though Netatmo was a partner! and it’s the same API as the other supported devices!!!..

1 Like

Bumping again… There has to be a way… maybe @RBoy might come up with something?

Daniel, got your eMail as well. We haven’t looked into this, have you tried to contact ST support and see what they say since it’s an official device handler from ST?

1 Like

@RBoy Are you suggesting I can instantly add my Netatmo THERMOSTAT right now? I’d be surprised! LOL! :smiley:

@RBoy I contacted support and they just replied that Netatmo isn’t officially supported… so we’re on our own… Any coders out there willing to come up with something?

1 Like

Okay, we’ll put it on our request queue. May need testers unless we get a hold of one of these thermostats.

1 Like

Count me in on beta testing! :grin:

1 Like