Nest Thermostat "State" not updating?

Thanks for this info. Our setups are identical. Is this still not updating? If it’s not, how disruptive would it be to delete and re-add your Nest Integration to SmartThings?

Another thing you could check is make a simple Automation off of the “Operating State” (IF: Cooling, THEN: Send SMS/Notify or other noticeable action).

If there’s any continued issues after deleting and re-adding, if you could report the issue to us via Support@SmartThings.com that would be helpful for us to look into this further.

I deleted the Nest integration and reinstalled it. No luck! I sent an email to support. Hopefully they can help, I haven’t had luck with support through email in the past.

Has this maybe been in Cooling (or Heating) mode the entire time since before this was fixed? (Shot in the dark). What about the Automation, did you happen to try that and that is not firing as well?

Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad luck in the past. Drop the Ticket ID here and I’ll check in on it to make sure it gets escalated. Thanks again for bringing this up.

Can anyone confirm if the Nest Thermostat reports to Smartthings when the heat is on or cooling is on? I too have been looking to trigger a fan when my furnace comes on.

Hi,

Not with MyNextManager

My custom Nest integration can even detect motion & presence if you have a wired Nest model with the latest firmware (see picture above).

Regards

1 Like

I have two nest thermostats connected to one smartthings hub in a duplex. On side A the hub detects the nest state change and controls the heat without issue. On side B the hub does not detect the state change of the thermostat. This is interesting because they are connected through the same hub and account link!