Nest Protect linked to Heat Detector

Hi Guys,

I have purchased 3 Nest Protect for my place and I will need to buy a heat detector for my kitchen. Please could you suggest any heat detector which can be linked to Nest Protect?

Thank you very much
Dario

I don’t think there is a smart heat detector out there that’s working with Nest protect right now. There’s not even a smart heat detector that I could think of either. If you are looking for one to work with your Sprinkler system then I suggest you should stick with your old detector for now.

Doesnt Nest Gen2 have a heat sensor/detector. Why buy another one?

Heat sensor: enables Nest Protect to detect sudden rises in temperature.

Nest support documentation says:
"Rooms where installing a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is not recommended

Some rooms in your home have conditions that are more likely to damage a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm or set off nuisance alarms.

It is recommended that you do not install combination smoke/carbon monoxide alarms in these rooms:

Kitchens

However, Nest Protect can be installed at least 3 m (10 feet), from cooktops or cooking appliances."

I’m verify interested in a heat detector for my garage that works with Nest. I’m more interested in that application, which FEMA and NFPA all agree it is an appropriate.

Are they going to make one or is there one compatible?

The new building regs state a heat detector in kitchens which is for all dwellings in the UK. So this advice may mean negligence on the home owners part and insurance may not pay out.