Native Control Panel for Smartthings? iPad/Android/Mac?

Hi people,

I have a very simple question.

How do you guys control the smartthings in your home?

Do you have a Control Panel? Do you use Smarttiles in it or do we have some native (quicker) solution from SmartThings?

Do you have Control Panel on a Tablet or Mac? If Tablet, do you have a native app or a web app? Is it iPad or an Android?

Many Thanks

Welcome! :sunglasses:

In the forums, we usually call those a “dashboard.” There are a couple of different smartapps that can do it, but smarttiles is definitely the most popular.

www.smarttiles.click

There’s even a forum thread just for discussion of what hardware and customization people have done with SmartTiles. Lots of pictures and interesting ideas there:

If you check the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki under the project report section you can also see some of the other dashboard options that people are using.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Project_Reports.2FQuestions

2 Likes

Hi Random,

ActionTiles out soon has “quicker” dashboards
 But still runs in browser so some limitations.

What would you like to see quicker?

Basically, when I said quicker, the only thing quicker that I hope to see is the response time.

i.e. if I turn off the kitchen light through Alexa, I hope my dashboard shows me immediately and not many seconds after, similarly, if I turn off light from my dashboard, it should happen without any lag.

I hope ActionTiles is able to do that and I won’t mind paying for it.

Two distinct functions here;

1. Displaying the updated status / Event of a sensor or switch: Huge improvement in ActionTiles: It is virtually instantaneous (300ms to 1200ms) unless there are problems in the SmartThings Cloud.

2. Sending Commands from a Tile
 This should already be quite quick in SmartTiles; isn’t it?

1 Like