MyQ integration with a 3rd party gate opener

Hi, this is my first post. I have two all-o- Matic gate openers with LiftMaster 850LM remote controller unit. I am trying to create a smart gate by integrating it with MyQ if possible. I also have MyQ LiftMaster 8500W garage door opener’s with the integrated gateway.

Is there anyway to make this work?

1 Like

This forum is for people using the Samsung SmartThings ™ home automation platform so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. It’s a very active forum, so it often comes up near the top for general home automation Google searches, but it’s not a general forum, so I’m not sure we can help you.

Are you using the Samsung platform?

If not, you might try your question on the Reddit home automation subforum, it’s brand agnostic.

If you are using the Samsung platform, please let us know what country you are in and what model SmartThings hub you have.

If you want to use a SmartThings hub, you can check out the Linear or GoControl GD00Z-4 controller. It’s compatible with some All-O-Matic models. You can find a list of compatible models in the table on this topic’s first post:

1 Like

I had two liftmaster operators, which have MyQ built-in. loved the ability to monitor the gates, get status alerts, open/close, etc.

but the liftmaster operators both failed after a few months due to installation on an incline…

just had two all-o-matic SL-150DC installed, they handle the incline as if it is not there…

but I sure do miss the ability to monitor and open/close the gates…

found this community and these two gadgets while searching for solutions: remootio and ismartgate

both claim that they are compatible with the all-o-matic operator, and both connect directly to the controller board, thought each connects to different locations on the board. neither connects to the remote (also an 850LM)

but are fairly expensive, and I am not sure if the weak wi-fi signal at the gate will allow them to communicate back to the router at home…

@Boris_Pearlman please feel free to contact me directly at avi@carmi.us with whatever you find, and I’ll share what I find with you.

btw, if you only need an open/close sensor, I found this:

YoLink Outdoor Contact Sensor

which requires the YoLink hub

The Meros smart garage also says that it is compatible with the All-O-Matic operator