Multicomponent temperature graph

In my device, I have two temperature measurements indoor and outdoor.

It drives the iOS application crazy

• it’s not possible to see components in the history

• what is worth - it messes up the temperature charts. it seems like both components share the same data

Hi, @veonua.
Thank you for sharing this info. We’ll try to replicate the issue so we can report it to the engineering team.
We’ll keep you updated.

For the history logging, this seems to be true for all multi-component devices using Edge drivers. Here’s a screenshot of the Zooz Zen16 Multi-relay where I can’t tell from the history which relay was powered on or off. It’s a similar thing with the Zooz Zen17 Universal relay where I can’t determine which input was triggered nor which output relay was powered on/off.

I really hope the team can do a better job with multi-component devices because without adding virtual devices, they can’t be voice controlled or individually named either.

Can you tell us what the developers have planned for fixing/changing this? If nothing else, please report that the history and naming issues affect all multi-component devices.

Hi, @veonua, @Puzzling
After the last mobile app update, the component label was added to the device history:

Have you seen the current behavior in the graph? I made some tests and I couldn’t get the data graph correctly so I reported that…

likely, I don’t have the latest iOS app installed

I’m on 1.7.91.24 of the Android app and I’m seeing the component labels when looking at the history of the specific device. Yay! (And thank you)

When I look at the global history however and filter by that same device, the component labels are NOT there. Are there plans to update that history logging as well?

Interesting :thinking:…Thanks for sharing this.
I don’t have info about the plans to add the component labels there, so, I’ll open a report about it.

@nayelyz Interestingly, the history for devices has stopped showing the labels of component devices. I didn’t install any update to the Android app (still 1.7.91.24) but now the history is missing the labels again.

Perhaps something changed in the hub firmware that caused this?

Hello, @Puzzling.
Sorry for the delay in the reply.
I already pinged the team again, due to the version being the same in both cases (when the labels appear and when they don’t), I think this is caused by an update in the backend.
In the meantime, please check if querying the device history from the API helps you check which component is related to the event. I just tested it and it has the properties component, componentLabel, and capability details included. This is the URL:
https://api.smartthings.com/history/devices?locationId=locationID&deviceId=deviceID

I do see the individual detail when I use the CLI and get device history.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Time                     Component  Capability  Attribute  Value
 11/24/2022, 6:37:13 AM   relay3     switch      switch     "off"
 11/24/2022, 6:37:07 AM   relay1     switch      switch     "off"
 11/24/2022, 6:37:06 AM   main       switch      switch     "off"
 11/24/2022, 12:00:01 AM  relay2     switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 5:06:58 PM   relay1     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 5:06:58 PM   relay2     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 5:06:57 PM   relay3     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 5:06:52 PM   main       switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 4:45:08 PM   relay3     switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 4:45:03 PM   main       switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 4:36:07 PM   relay2     switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 4:36:04 PM   relay1     switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 4:35:56 PM   relay2     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 4:35:54 PM   relay1     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 4:35:50 PM   relay3     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 4:35:49 PM   main       switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 3:47:07 PM   relay3     switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 3:47:06 PM   main       switch      switch     "off"
 11/23/2022, 3:29:37 PM   relay3     switch      switch     "on"
 11/23/2022, 3:29:37 PM   main       switch      switch     "on"

@nayelyz The history logging under each device does show the component again. That was fixed awhile ago. However, I’m still not seeing any update to the global history log. Any follow-up on whether that is still on the list to be looked at?