Mode Change Notification

(Dan) #1

Which app sends a notification when the Mode changes? I can send notifications when the devices trigger a mode change but I would prefer to be notified more directly. I can’t seem to find the set. I have an Android phone. Any guidance would be appreciated.

(Brian) #2

In my setup it’s the action that changes the mode (actions in “hello home”) which does the notification.

I’m not sure there is any other way, other than maybe a smartapp. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you, maybe an app already written…

(Brian S. Lowrance) #3

I just threw this simple program together and tested it out. It will send you a push notification anytime your home mode changes. See if this will do what you want. The notification will state: “Home mode changed from xxxx to xxxx”

(Brian S. Lowrance) #4

Just realized I had a slight bug in the code in that the option to disable notifications didn’t work (I forgot to add that bit of code). It’s fixed now in version 1.0.1 at https://github.com/rayzurbock/SmartThings-ModeChangeNotify

(Dan) #5

Thanks, guys. I realize that it was an option, as mentioned, in the Hello Home. I bolted thru the app and overlooked it. Thanks again.