Mobile Presence

@eibyer Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully mobile presence improves for your setup over time.

@dferrey There are some new features waiting for you in the Play store…

I had to clear data on the new app or the sliders wouldnt slide. Just a heads up.

Thanks Cory, I’ll look into it.

I see the sliders and they work, although the labeling on the right side seems a bit off.

More concerning though is the app frequently just closes. No error, or crash message, just disappears. It’s happened when pressing the log icons (which never seem to open) and when pressing the menu icon

Not real crazy about the new shopping cart icons taking you to the store page to buy the device. If there is going to be an ad in there I’d prefer it to be more relevant to the device…like replacement batteries.

@dferry, I’m with you. I just installed the app and it’s already crashed 3 times on my Galaxy S4, no Force Close dialog, just closes. Never had a crash before now.

Clearing Data seems to have helped with the crashing.

Sliders look really weird (and don’t seem to work) with my Nests, either.

The sliders for my Thermometer look and seem to work fine. What’s odd is when I change on the words on the right for both sliders reflect which one I’m adjusting.

For example when I adjust the cool temp, the words next to it say the new temp. But the words next to the heat slider say setCoolTemp (or something like that).

Also, clearing data seemed to help on my tablet but checking again now it crashed 3 times. Once when checking the main log, twice trying to get to the settings of the Thermometer.

Very frustrating that the only real way to use the $300 stuff I got is via an app that is totally unreliable.

I re-added my mobile presence yesterday after clearing my data and cache. Initial observation is I’m not constantly coming and going! The activity tray behavior is kind of funky, I think I prefer the previous behavior where it just slid all the way up.

I have installed the Bon Voyage and Greetings Earthling smart apps so we’ll see what happens later when I go home for lunch.

I had to restore a backup of the old APK. Can’t deal with this crashing.

I don’t have a complex setup which is probably why I am not crashing like you guys are. I only have 3 multis, motion, and 2 zwave outlets, no sliders.

Hi everyone, and apologies for all the Android issues. We did push a fix for the crash that was happening on launch, and in the very short term, we’re pushing another update focusing on bug fixes and stability versus new features.

Hope 1.2.1 is working better for everyone!

Now i use app version 1.6.9 on android, still have a lot of problem

first, the app is too often got crash and restart. especially on ‘home’ menu when want to rename my house and change location.

second, mobile presence is not working. I do have set up my home location (finally). I left from my home, away from my home, about 20 Km away from home.
I set my location mode on my phone. I open Google Maps and my position is up to date where am I at that time. With mobile location I got accuracy about 1 Km radius.
Still, Smartthings app not tell the right location, in the app still tell I am home.

I change my location mode on my phone, i turn GPS on. I open again Google Maps, now the position is more accurate because of GPS. Accuracy hit about 5 Meters.
And still, Smartthings app tell that my mobile presence tell that I am home

What I miss ?
How to use this mobile location presence ?