Minimote gone funky

One of my first minimote just started acting funny. I press a button and the blue led comes on steady and the red one flashes a few times and then all the leds go out. No activity in IDE being reported.

Anyone experience this?

Have you tried recharging the battery?

When the battery gets below a certain percentage, you will notice that the LED will flash its red LED dimly at a short interval.

That was actually the first thing I tried as I was using it a lot the day before. Charging led was red for a minute or two then turned blue.

Is this a V1 or V2? The V1 batteries are near end-of-life, and it may just be that the battery has gone bad. There’ve been a couple of reports on that in the forum. It’s possible, but not easy, to replace the battery.

I have the v1.

Hmm, now it’s back to normal again. Not sure if it is related to the zwave issues with other devices I was having earlier.

1 Like

I and others have changed out batteries on the V1’s successfully, not difficult at all and worth doing…here’s the thread…links for the replacement batteries and how to are in the thread https://community.smartthings.com/t/hows-your-minimote-battery-life/61241/38

2 Likes