MimoLite not reporting sensor state

I have two MimoLite devices. One for each garage door. I have N.O. sensors for the door state that go to closed when the doors are shut.

This setup has been working flawlessly for over a year. After the 21APR firmware upgrade I am having issues. Only one of the MIMOs seems to be working correctly. The 2nd MIMO won’t report the relay state unless I manually hit refresh in the app. I can open both doors with the manual wall switch and only one mimo will show a state change instantly. I checked the device handler and the Polling routine and the Refresh routine seem to be identical. Basically it seems that the polling routine is not being called to constantly monitor and update the state of the sensor on one of the MIMOs.

I did notice that the same MIMO was no longer in the momentary switch configuration after the update so I had to run the Config routine to update it (parameter 11). I am wondering if some kind of parameter must be sent to tell the device to sense and report the sensor state periodically.

Anyone have any issues like this? I have done a hard power cycle of the hub (removed batts) sit for 5 mins and then power on. Didn’t seem to make a difference. I have also power cycled the MIMO.

Here are the Refresh, Poll, and Configure Routines.

def poll() {
log.debug "Executing Poll for garage car door"
delayBetween([
zwave.switchBinaryV1.switchBinaryGet().format(),
zwave.sensorBinaryV1.sensorBinaryGet().format(),
zwave.basicV1.basicGet().format(),
zwave.alarmV1.alarmGet().format()
],100)
}

def refresh() {
log.debug "Executing Refresh for garage car door per user request"
delayBetween([
zwave.switchBinaryV1.switchBinaryGet().format(),
zwave.sensorBinaryV1.sensorBinaryGet().format(),
zwave.basicV1.basicGet().format(),
zwave.alarmV1.alarmGet().format()
],100)
}

// Create a list of the configuration commands to send to the device
def configure() {
log.debug “Configuring, Subscribe to Alarm Mode and set Momentary Switch Mode to 2.5sec press.” //setting up to monitor power alarm and actuator duration
delayBetween([
zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:3, nodeId:[zwaveHubNodeId]).format(), // subscribe to power alarm
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [25], parameterNumber: 11, size: 1).format(), //configure for momentary switch 2.5secs
zwave.configurationV1.configurationGet(parameterNumber: 11).format()
],100)
}

Hi @mariley

I have 2 as well, 1 for my garage door and 1 for a water valve. So far both are working fine since the update. You may want to exclude the device, which will force a factory reset. Rejoin it and tap Config (depending upon which device handler you are using).

I use a custom handler that makes use of the momentary feature of the device.

I think I have discovered the issue!!! I called FortrezZ today after trying everything to get that 2nd device working. A very helpful tech named Steve told me they found a bug about 8 months ago that does exactly what I am talking about. He said I could just mail in my MIMOlite devices to get them update to version 1.17 or better and that should fix the issue.

He did say I the only known workaround is to exclude the device and rejoin them but that eventually the bug may surface again.

While talking to Steve he talked about the new MIMO device that is coming out. It will have OTA update capability (given ST implements it). The new MIMO will handle two sensors and two relays so one device ($99) would handle both garage doors.

Hope this helps someone else. I was really stumped on this one.

To send your units back for update:
FortrezZ LLC
1080 Centre Rd. Ste C
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

Include a note requesting firmware 1.17 or better along with return shipping and contact info. Expect about a 1 week turnaround.

1 Like

Interesting! Thanks for posting that info.