Mimo2+ Full Functionallity?

Has anyone had success using a Mimo2+ I/O Module with Smartthings.
I have one in use right now but I don’t feel that I am getting full use of it.
My relay2 and sig2 points are not fully functioning in my opinion.
The coding for the setpoints is nearly non existent.

Any and all help will be much appreciated,
Thanks in advance, KH

Be sure to install the smartapp.groovy from the Fortrezz repository and apply it, you should then see fortrezz : FortrezZ MIMO2+ B-Side listed in your SmartApps. Only then was I able to get notifications from Switch 2 opening/closing. It’s not as nice of an interface as I had expected but working now nonetheless.

I want to have an event (time of day) trigger both relays simultaneously. Is that easy to accomplish with the MiMo2?

I also want the two inputs to independently trigger notifications. Is that also easy to accomplish?

Does anyone know if I can use a 24 v power supply with the magic home pro controller? It says 5-28 volts on it

For me, the device handler appears to work for the Smartthings classic but does not work for the new coke version of Smartthings. Has anyone got this to work in the new Smartthings app?

According to ST, the new SmartThings App does not support custom integrations just yet. This is my problem.

In order to get the b-side of the Mimo2+ to work you will need to follow the instructions for I/O Modules Mimo2+ Installation Instructions for SmartThings on the Fortrezz support website at https://www.fortrezz.com/support/

These instructions forget to inform you that once published you will need to go into ST Marketplace under MyApps to get the b-side to show as a second device in ST and also that it will only work in ST classic until the new ST app allows custom device handlers.

Actually, there are limitations to the B-side device handler. The code posted to GitHub includes:
def parse(String description) {
log.debug “Parsing ‘${description}’”
// TODO: handle ‘contact’ attribute
// TODO: handle ‘switch’ attribute
// TODO: handle ‘switch’ attribute
// TODO: handle ‘voltage’ attribute
}

This, or some other missing code, results in sig2 never having contact or voltage status. Accordingly, it can’t be used, as is, to control logic related to sig2. You can’t read the voltage or know if it’s open or closed. Disappointing, but I’m determined to figure it out.

They should hire R Boy Apps to write them some awesome code. I know they probably see this product as something not intended for the average consumer, but even those who know how to use it for a variety of applications probably don’t want to venture into all out coding to get their particular application of the product working.

I’d also like to see a simulated momentary switch built in to the software. I should be able to add that myself.

All in all, I’m quite happy with this device.

I got the B-side working. The code is a bit sloppy, but not more than the original. Whatever the case, I get the contact/relay and voltage readings now. It needs my B-side DH and modified SmartApp (which publishes the right data to the B-side/sig2 DH as a child of the main DH/sig1).

See:

Switch your B-side device to us this DH. Then select the A-side/sig1 from the SmartApp. This sets up the parent/child relationship and allows the second device to see the data that the first device is processing.

1 Like

This device is no longer supported and the b side stops working in the new app.

1 Like

Sharing my experience for others. In summary got both A and B to work for Momentary switched in the new smartthings app.

1. Powered up the mimo2+
  2. Discovered and added the device in smartthings new app. This added A side.
  3. Followed the instructions on Fortrezz site to add the code for two device handlers, added code for smart app for b side
  4. Setup b side smart app in smartthings app
  5. Created virtual Momentary sensors through instructions at sharptools site
  6. Setup Momentary switches for each a and b side

Works great to open gate motors that are No contacts.

1 Like

Hello, I try to make it work, but i’m not able to find the good device type when i add the smartapp