Making a delay on closing a garage door

What I’m trying to do is make a delay on closing a garage door automatic after so many minute IF nobody is at home at the same time my nephew lives upstairs above the garage he comes down access the freezer in the garage for food so I want a delay IF nobody is home 30 minutes pass because he forgot to close the door it will automatically close. I’ve tried setting one up in SmartThings automation and it notifies that the door was left open and closes it but no matter how many minutes I put into the delay it’s less than a minute and it automatically closes. Under who home there is a Nobody at Home and under advanced option stay away delay I enter minutes obviously that doesn’t have anything thing to do with what I’m trying to do. I guess that is looking for how long everybody is gone before doing something. Any help would be appreciated.

look up @RBoy’s smartthings app.

1 Like

See the FAQ:

FAQ: Get a Notification if Something is Left On, Open, or Unlocked for X Minutes (2020)

1 Like

If you’re looking only for notification, take a look at the link @JDRoberts posted.

If you’re looking to manage your garage doors in addition to notifications you may want to check out this app. You can use the Automation tool in the new app to change the hub mode to away when no one is home and then use that in the Garage Door Manager app below as a restriction on when to automatically open/close garage doors when people leave/arrive (and other features)

1 Like