Magic Home Led WiFi controller problems

It work’s?

I had also horrible issues with the controller losing the connection constantly and becoming unresponsive. I use tp-link deco m4 router. I tried installing it again and again without mobile data connection, and different phones and iPads, and disconnecting all the devices from the wifi and everything - nothing worked.

Then I decided to try my last resort option: disabled the mesh-connection ability for the magic home wifi-controller via the Deco-application (I mean only the specific wifi-controller, not the whole mesh-network function of the router!) it seems to have solved the issue - or then it is just pure luck and some weird cheap-ass-wifi-device gods intervention :smile: but now it seems to work just fine.

So that’s an option to try if someone is still struggling with unsolved connectivity issues

I was having the exact same problem here. I solved by separating one power source for the controller and another for the led strip. Apparently the led strip consumes a lot of energy. There is no power for the controller to maintain the wifi connection.

1 Like

Does the standard kit from amazon give you the ability to separate the power source? Can you show your set up?

I have 4 devices that take turns in going offline.

I know this is an OLDDD article but I came across it and wanted to share some pointers for the RGBWW Magic Home Wifi Controllers in case others are strugglin’ in 2022 and beyond.
I have two devices(One for Kitchen Cabinets [Indoor] and One used for seasonal decor [Outdoor])
Running HASSIO on a VM via integration.

1. Kitchen unit use to drop out when I had an Echo Dot on 2.4ghz wifi nearby, switching it over to 5ghz has seem to solve that one for over a year now.
  2. Seasonal unit was outside for over 2 years and worked just fine, brought it inside for Bookshelf decor, started dropping signal randomly. Turned off remote access, frequency of drop became better but not as good as Kitchen. Decided to take it apart, did some cleaning to the board due to light corrosion from the elements. Now it works great again.

Remove the plastic case to gain some distance

Hope this helps other troubleshoot and friendly reminder, the better the router bandwidth/signal and networking configuration, the better the connections will be.

I’ve had intermittent connection issues for a while, but I think I finally solved them when I changed some settings in my router.

For my 2.4 band that these lights connect to, there was a checkbox to turn off legacy b support. Now my lights no longer randomly read as offline.

Same issue purchased two of these any solutions?