Loud notification

Hi

I’ve just bought smartthings hub and a few things. I would really like to know if there is a way to have intrusion detections to send some kind of “loud and noticeable” alert to a phone.

Basically, if I’m asleep at night and someone is coming in through the window I want something that will wake me up!
Equally, if I’m away from home I want to know immediately when a burglar is walking through the house so I can call the police.

I get the normal notifications on iphone but I’m after something that gets my attention immediately?

I was thinking a siren will fix the ‘wake me up’ scenario, but how about when I’m away from the house? Can you configure the smarrtthings notifications on iphone so they are very loud or arrange another loud notification to iphone?

Thanks
Shaun

1 Like

Make a rule in rule machine that sends a notification text message based on your criteria. get one message and create a contact for the number it is from and assign it a loud loud ringtone on your phone

1 Like

Thanks for the idea, I’ll give it a go.

:slight_smile:

I have a bit of a learning curve before I can figure out how to install smartapps through the IDE using github etc, working on it.

In the meantime, I did notice that there is an SMS send for intrusion detection… this is working however the second and third test took 25minutes to come through, which is not ideal, is this kind of delay normal?

The push notifications come through pretty much immediately, and that’s what I need here, a loud and immediate notification, speed is important,

Thanks