Looking to smart'n up my bathroom during refurb. Advice? (UK)

Note, I am in the US…

We recently added a downstairs master suite to our house and below is what I did. My wife is great at turning on lights but terrible with turning them off so I had to solve that.

• All light and fan switches are smart switches
  • I used a dimmer on main lights and toilet closet light for late/early trips to bathroom so they don’t blind you
  • When the shower light switch is turned on, the exhaust fan automatically turns in via Smart Lighting
  • we have a recirculating pump on our hot water heater and it turns on automatically once the shower light is turned on and turns off once shower light is off.
  • Aeon Multisensor 6 in the ceiling senses the humidity and a Core piston will turn off the fan after the shower light is turned off once the humidity reaches a certain level. I also have a time limit just in case as well.
  • The Aeon multi will turn off lights if no Motion within 30 minutes
  • Have Motion sensor in toilet closet that will turn off lights after no Motion
  • Toilet closet exhaust fan will turn off after set period of time after light turns off

On a related topic, having music in bathroom has been awesome. I installed ceiling speakers and they are connected to a Bluetooth volume control where an Echo dot provides music. A 12v DC transformer supplies power to the volume control in the wall. Here is the specific volume control:
https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Bluetooth-Receiver-Amplifier-Microphone/dp/B010U5EGKE/

I also ran LED tape lights along door trim inside the bathroom closet. A DC motion sensor will automatically turn on the LED lights when the closet opens or senses motion. The same 12v transformer that powers the volume control also powers these lights.

3 Likes