Looking for guidance on Kitchen CO/Smoke automations

Understood. There are a few Zigbee or zwave but I only know of one model with a working groovy DTH, and since SmartThings’ support for Groovy will be ending soon and I haven’t heard of anyone working on a replacement driver for the new architecture, I am reluctant to recommend anything that might stop working in a few months. :disappointed_relieved:

There are Zigbee versions are from Tuya and Aqara. Community members have been trying to get them to work with SmartThings. You will see some forum discussions about these projects.

The zwave version is from MCOHome. It has an identical case to a WiFi one from Tuya, but MCOHome has put a zwave chip in it (Tuya so far does not do zwave, just WiFi or Zigbee) and one community member DOES have a successful groovy DTH for it. But…groovy. So that will stop working soon. (The topic title is a clickable link.)

So I don’t really know what to say about these options. It’s just safer and less hassle to stick with the brands listed in the ST app for now.

Sorry not to have better news on this category.

And if you haven’t heard of Edge Before, here’s the FAQ On that:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)