Lights turning on in sequence rather than at the same time like they used to (Jan 2021)

It’s a weird thing… all my other automations haven’t been affected… but they are all Phillips hue lights… and the “problem” is Lifx lights

Im sure the issue lies in the automation itself, not the device because my automations include Hue as well as a couple of dimmer switches

So frustrating

Can you describe or share a screenshot of which automations of this type are executing in sequence (serially) instead of at the same time (parallel)? A fix went out earlier this week and I’m no longer able to reproduce the issue and previously I could.

@Brad_ST

These are the 3 automations affected…just tried to recreate one of them with the same result

What’s a time that one of these failed? They’re currently disabled, when were they last enabled?

Same question here. When did this fail to run? I see it’s split out into the two automations Backyard - Patio
and Backyard - Garden and those are executing as expected. Can you try combining those again?

@Brad_ST Reenabled the 3 automations just now and exhibiting the same behavior

edit… just tried changing the start time and its doing the same thing

It’s hard to troubleshoot a moving target. Can you pick just one automation, trigger it, and leave the configuration be? You can disable it if you want but leave the configuration the same.

@Brad_ST I spit it into two automations yesterday, as its been failing evey day for the last 2 weeks… i’ll combine it again and see if it works

Ok. Automation is set and on and has been triggered

@Brad_ST combined the automation again, unfortunately problem remains… sensor triggers automation, garden light comes on (patio light stays off) then after 1 minute, garden light turns off and patio light comes on, switches off after 1

Thanks @Fletcher_Moss and @troy_owens. I was able to see the issue and passed the logs to the engineers responsible.

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking the time with us…I know you probably have better things to do.

@Brad_ST …really appreciate your help, Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

@troy_owens … thank you too Troy :grin:

1 Like

You as well Fletcher. We were in this one together, probably as well as several others

1 Like

Hey @Brad_ST , I just checked and the issue still exists. Any possibility of an ETA on when this will be fixed?

2 Likes

I keep nudging the issue. I can still reproduce the issue but only if all the devices execute locally.

1 Like